Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. with buildings and heating playing more and more of a part in everyone's life, it's a surprise maintenance staff and budgets get so little.
  2. i still would personally just get a basic cable router/firewall for £30
  3. fng> I've ordered from linitx before (built a few miniitx boxes) and they were always good for turn around. Never had any need to try out returning stuff though so YMMV
  4. what's wrong with a linksys firewall? surely you arent going to be having enough connections to overwhelm it.
  5. Peugeot 306 DTurbo (not TD) would fit the bill. Engine is good for 200k miles relatively low insurance too despite being >1.4L If you don't care about driving an just want a basic car for A-B a Hyundai or Kia, they lose value like stones and with a 5-7year warranty you should be able to get one thats covered. Don't be scared of high milers either. Engines in a motorway only 100k+ car will be considerably better than a 40ker only used for 1mile runs to school/work/shops due to never having a chance to warm up the oil. Don't write off cars with larger engines either. Little shopping hatches are bought by 17yos and have higher insurance premiums than midsized saloons only bought by old men.
  6. Midget

    HDD Recovery

    I feel sorry for "Dr" Richard Cable, he just works there but theyve registered everything in his name
  7. Midget

    HDD Recovery

    I'm not going to say much, but as a hint google the addresses of all their offices and you'll discover something interesting.
  8. And the Mandela Necklace oh? if I earn £15k i pay £1,705 in incometax if I earn £30k i pay £4,705 in incometax if I earn £60k i pay £13,930 in incometax if I earn £60k i pay £37,930.00 in incometax looks pretty progressive to me
  9. you can leave after 3years?
  10. sports jacket with rolled up sleeves, loafers, slacks, you know, top class.
  11. isn't it weird how it's always people on low pay who say leftie tax the rich systems are best, but they soon change their minds when they start working their way up the pay ladder. The only way forward is to shrink the "State". Cut child benefits, remove all the think tanks and other govt funded organisations, and severely cut local govts (the wastage and corruption there would shame westminster) of course none of that will happen because it will mainly effect Labour's core voters and that's what's most important to them.
  12. that's brilliant. I normally have just a colour with no bg due to not wanting to look at someone's face everytime i minimise stuff and being unable to read my icons.
  13. touch diamond 2 is rubbish according the person in work who has one, touchHD2 is the one I would go for if i had to have one. 1ghz snapdragon cpu vs the rubbish 500mhz qualcomm ones. If I HAD to get a smartphone I'd get an E72 which has GPS TbT nav, mail for exchange, and office mobile suite, but then I can't live with just touchscreens on my phone. Don't get a blackberry.
  14. I got a quote on a LES100 to our datacentre and was told £3k install and £8kpa but that excludes internet connection.
  15. 3G South Africa - Hardware Products
  16. are you talking ICT the subject alone, or ICT used across all subjects?
  17. The big problem is how lazy a lot of people are along with the fact that for some families it works out better to be on benefits than to work for min wage
  18. I assume he's talking about ghettos or the no whites allowed zones that the papers talk about. I have no experience of these so can't comment if they actually exist in this country as you don't get many "non whites" in Wales and those that are tend to be fully integrated with good jobs. We mainly have Poles, Ukrainians and Lithuanians, who tend to be good people on the whole and the Polski Schleps are usually in areas with all the "normal British shops".
  19. The whole programme was focused on things that we already know about Nick Griffin and the BNP; nothing was discussed on the concerns of those people which makes them vote for the BNP. It was just a character assassination. And a balanced audience? Lots of ethnic 'minorities' and the rest of them were token white people. Not only that, but the whites in the audience were either lefty 'right on' students, or toff middle England types who believe everything is tickittyboo because they are personally unaffected by mass immigration. Why didn't they ask his policies on real topics such as the NHS, the economy etc anything which would PROVE he has no clue about actually running a country and would be useless if elected for anything?
  20. why? it's the same ball park, since weed is illegal and many people find it offensive to smoke it in front of them
  21. I thought it was, I was always a bit dubious about using it but our anti-racism warrior localzuk used it first so wasn't sure. the bnp have gone above the likes of the EDL and C18 and are a supported political group, so you have to fight them in the same way you'd fight the LibDems. Show that their policies can't stand up to water, that they have no idea how to run things and that they are just a waste of time. By banning them you are giving them more credibility. Should we also ban the ganja party because you don't like weed (you very well may but lets not get started on that) or the MRLParty because you dislike big hats?
  22. The responses I've seen so far (not just here) strike of typical socialist rhetoric. "You have the right to say what you want as long as I agree with it." The conservatives and LibDems have both welcomed the BNP onto QT so that they can show themselves to be completely useless.
  23. They do allow coloureds (is that even PC anymore?) in, they just don't want to I'd expect. Banning parties that you oppose is what is done by a dictatorship. I don't like what they say but I will demand their right to say it so that they can provide their own rope to hang themselves. also banning them will actually HELP them because they can say that the labour party (who most people want out) are against them because they are afraid etc etc. It would be a PR win for the BNP.
  24. so very true.
  25. its originally Russian, as is Victoria (a windows version - but that's no use for testing dead drives) if the hddguru link doesn't work then I'm not sure where to get it sorry.
×
×
  • Create New...