-
Posts
43 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by leon032
-
Thanks ill give that try.
-
Hey everyone, i am having a problem connecting to a network printer. It is a Sharp AR-337 and it is starting to get on my last nerve. I know that the printer is connected to the network since i can ping it from my pc. The thing is I cannot see it. I tried installing it by creating a port with its IP address and a driver I got from Sharp but it would fail when I attempt to print out the test page. And thats trying from the server. I have tried with different drivers and nothing. I am to the point where I am about to go "Office Space" on it. The only thing is that its not a little fax but a 3 feet tall printer. Anyways, any suggestions you guys might have would be appreciated.
-
Thanks for the reply. I got it done already the only problem I ran into is that i am trying to create a Remote Connection Disk from my server but the problem is the wizard ask for a floppy. Is there a way to overwrite this and have it create it to my specifed place? Thanks in advance
-
Hello, where I work at there are about 9 pcs and all connect to our server running Windows Server 2003. The only thing that is actually stored in the server is a copy of their "My Documents" using shadow copy. Also some of them use Quickbooks which is also stored in the server. My dilema is that a new employee is going to be stationed at another location. So I am wondering if it is possible for me to set up a profile for him and have his "My Documents" shadowed copied to the server from his desktop. Can this be done if the computer is not gonna be on the same network as the server? Please help.
-
Thanks for your suggestions. I will be doing just that.
-
I got a question on a server that is being hosted for me at a remote site. The server is a Windows 2003 Server and I am going to be running three websites of this server. The dilemma I have is that one of the webpage is going to be update by another person. I can set an account for him so he can login through remote desktop the way I do. The only thing is that I don’t want that person to have the rights to change anything except what is in a particular folder, which would be that one web page. I don’t really care if he can see my other folders(websites) but I just don’t want him to be able to make changes to any other folders or any settings on the server. If you guys have an idea as how I can go about doing this it will be appreciated. If worse comes to worse I will have to tell that person I cannot give him that right. Which according to my boss that would be fine too.
-
I got a small issue when it comes to sending a sheet from Excel to be attached to Outlook. My coworker said he was able use the option "send to a mail recipient as attachment" before but now gets this error message: "Microsoft Office Outlook, Operation Failed; Excel, General Mail Failure. Quit Microsoft Office Excel, restart mail system, try again." The file can be attached when setting a new mail in Outlook and attaching it so i am not to worry much about it. But let me know what you guys suggest. Thanks
-
Thanks for your reply guys. I am not sure what is the exact need of the office but when they tell me ill take these advice into consideration.
-
Hey guys I got a question on remote logins program. I am asked here at my job to setup some user to be able to login to the office from there homes. What program do you guys recommend. I have heard of logmein but I have heard it is extremely slow. Let me know what you think. Thanks Sorry about the troll. I just one wanted to use him once.
-
Hey I wanted to know if any of you guys have used VIPRE before. I got a 2003 Server and about 12 user clients and I was thinking about going with VIPRE Enterprise. I was using their trail version on my laptop and it looks to work great. I can run a full scan and barely see any harm to the pcs speed while it multi task. I have always used Norton but always had Adaware on it to catch all that Norton didn't catch, which trust me it’s a lot. With VIPRE so far I have no need for Adaware. Let me know if you guys have any feedback on this AV. Thanks
-
I have a small dilemma with one of the laptops here at my job. When the laptop is started it boots all normal but once the user signs in to Windows XP, it takes a little while for it be fully logged on. The bottom bar goes blank for a little while and after a few minutes comes back to view. Once it comes back the wireless connects and starts to run as normal. Everything is running perfect except for that little hiccup in the beginning. I thought it might have been that many programs where being loaded on startup but I disabled and the problem still persist. The person does a defragment of his hd every two weeks. He said he took it to a computer shop in Denver and they couldn’t figure it out. It’s not something serious but it is mysterious and I don’t have a clue what it might be. What you guys think?
-
What would yu say is the most unreliable modern product?
leon032 replied to laserblazer's topic in General Chat
I would have to say my HTC Diamond, I have to restart it every time it gets a couple of tasks it must perform simultaneously. As for public transportation, here in Miami, there practically isn't any. I have had to take my, radiator broken/ overheating/ running with the heater on at 90 degree weather, than to attempt to take the bus. -
Hello, my name is Gabriel. I just graduated from FIU and got a job as the inhouse IT for a company here in Miami. Now I have done contract work that did everything that had to do with Networks but their main focus was wireless communication. Now i'm in charger of the day to day operations of this place. Its fairly small with about 15 users and one server. So far no tragic problems have occur but as any recent grad I am trying to learn as much as I can before any other problem arise. Even though they do say experience ("stress") is the best teacher.
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Under the printer properties for the HP2600n I went to the ports tab. I selected the port that was been used and pressed Configure Port. Since the ip is assigned by DHCP I saw that the ip address on the printer was diffrent than it said for that port. So I put its current IP, pressed ok, and it started to function.
-
So he went ahead and bought a new pc. I couldn't make it round to his house due to a busy schedule. He left me a voice mail asking me for MS Office and other software he had. Funny, but you guys guessed it ahead of time.
-
My girlfriends uncle keeps bugging me about his computer problems. His computer is old don’t remember the specifics but do remember he is running XP (even thought I think that information doesn’t matter). The problem is that when he uninstalls his mouse or keyboard the computer shuts off. Sometimes the computer won’t turn on unless the mouse and keyboard are not installed. I was thinking either it had to do with the motherboard or the power supply failing but not sure which. As I stated before this computer is well over six years old. Anyone have an idea as to what might be the cause and do you think it’s more advisable to upgrade the pc. All his info is saved on a external hd so there is no problem there. Thank You in Advance
-
I had the same problem and tried unchecking those options without success. What did work for my case was to change the port. Since its on DHCP the IP changed to another. I don't know if this was mentioned before but thought it couldn't hurt.
