DAckroyd
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DAckroyd
-
that looks too simple!!! run that batch file from the logon script and your sorted! James: Will this only work as a batch file or will a VBS do it also?
-
I think what you need if I'm thinking correctly is a .bat file which opens the game and sits in the background and waits for the program to exit then detects the close (I'm not an expert in this sort of thing) Have found this that might help in the mean time Hey, Scripting Guy! How Can I Log a User Off After 5 Minutes of Inactivity?
-
Found it! Thanks all - lets see how this goes
-
I think it is Winsuite 2000 on these but I try not to go near anyting to do with it - should it tell me if I turn on a computer? EDIT: Have checked - It's Winsuite2000
-
NO GPO's in place for management - I'm currently in the process of eradication the evidence of the old domain and setting up a new one but I don't currently have Internet access to log in from home and work on the development uninterupted for now I'm going to have to stick with how it was all previously setup
-
I'm sorry to say that my network has still got WinSuite on it and I have new machines which need it on for a few months (Aim to be eradicated over summer if I get time to sort the replacement before then) Anyway as I'm stuck with it I need some help: firstly I can't find a CD or and install file on the network - this kind of links with secondly - How do you install the client on the workstations? Also I know it's not meant to support vista but I currently am having trouble getting the XP drivers for the Fujitsu things that were ordered for me and so Vista is looking like an easier way to go but has anyone tried installing Winsuite on Vista?
-
Direct from IBM!!! I agree with what you said about minimum RAM also... I would love to get one of these DL380 G6's and pack that full of RAM but I fear the cost (not even sure when to look for 144GB of DDR3)
-
I'm wanting to look at staff having a network as a portable computer so they can still work from home and then have desktops on the front benches so that projectors look right (no widescreen problems that you get from laptops) and also visualisers and IWB's are installed and known to work with the setup for the room so if a teacher moves lots they don't have any worries
-
My problem was with the 3 months it took for the server to arrive the fact you had to use that boot cd thing and it wouldn't work from just putting in the 2k3 CD was annoying as the HP I'd done just before that I could just put in the 2k3 disk and away I went on the install process
-
Might not be looking as likely now http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/250777/ibm-watches-sun-deal-turn-sour.html
-
CANCEL HELP! blaming the computer too quickly... it was my network somehow (it worked earlier but not now...
-
I have a couple of Fujitsu Siemens Computers in to make images of as I have a large number coming at the end of the week and I'm going to need to image across the network or I won't get them all build in a week... However I am having trouble booting to LAN to pickup a basic image to get started and I won't be able to capture the image if I can't build from it. Is this a know issue with Fujitsu computers or am I just having a fairly unique problem? If this is a problem I'm going to look at getting them sent back before they arrive as they are a pritty crap spec anyway (Intel Pentium dual-core E2200, 3GB RAM, nVidia 9300GE which requires a strange DVI type lead which won't take long before getting knicked or broken.) and I don't think they were particually cheap either! (about £300 each it looks like) If anyone has had this problem or has a solution then I would love to know how to get this working or know if there is no chance of it working Thanks, Dave
-
I have just had some Fujitsu computers come in and they have thumb screws and not proper ones... It used to be the case that (in bucks at lease) a computer in a classroom had to have proper screws or something preventing it from being opened by had without tools. Is that the case nationally or at least in Norfolk? If so I need some padlocks quick!
-
if users are set set in there own areas then you shouldn't have problems - you might want to check public areas and group sharing though
-
I would go HP... Got an IBM server and it arrived it 3 parts: The Server, 2 weeks later the hard drives, 3 months later the ram (they had apparently run out of generic ram) Also when installing an OS you have to use one of their disks to start of the install and things - it's a faf Also HP now have their G6 Servers with the new Xeon CPU's (ME WANT!!!!!) What is your budget on the servers and what role are you looking at for them?
-
I actually got cold calls from double glazing companies seeing it I wanted windows or a conservatory... an extention would have been nice but I was on the second floor this was caused by having a phone straight to the outside world for modem use
-
I have to say personally I wouldn't have bought Stone Computers to start with.... It may not be all the account managers there that are incompetant but I can't say they aren't. We have asked they to quote on compters a few times and when you specify what you want and they come back with nothing like what you want it makes you wonder... we told the second account manager how the last one was incompetant and they just copied - never even going to ask them for quote in future, too much hassle
-
have you looked at visualisers before? genee do a couple with backlights for this purpose
-
have they tried exporting to a PDF and printing that? It might be they way they are saving - saving as RGB rather than CMY or somthing like that - I haven't really used photoshop but my wife's said something along them lines before
-
Is WStore what used to be Watford Electronics years back? I'm quite fancing new servers having seen that HP have their G6 serise of servers using the Nahalm based Xeons... bit too soon after buying the last lot before christmas though...
-
you're a star!!!! I have the XP Basic image I've been trying to get... I can't get the one that I did previously but I am alot further now, thanks! EDIT: I'm wrong... it's coming up for that make of machine
-
ok... I'm not doing something right here.... I have the image from VPC on the server and it's in the install images area ok but it won't add to the boot images "The file does not contain a valid boot image":help:
-
Thanks, I hadn't realised that you required to save to C: before it would be able to upload Second part to the question... I have a WIM file that I saved to HDD on a physical machine I was trying this on... how do I get this onto the image list? it is on the correct server
-
