Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

 

I am trying to get my head around installing Home Access Plus and keep running into walls.

 

I have a 2008 (R1) x64 member server - vanilla setup. Installed .Net 4 full and IIS7 from the server manager.

 

No other sites on the IIS.

 

Followed the HAP installation video and created the application pool (unable to set apppool\hap user credentials as IIS7 doenst seem to use them apparently)

 

I get an error when trying to use the default web.config

 

Error on line 248

 

" 247:

248:

249:

"

 

Config Error:

 

The configuration section 'standardEndpoints' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration

 

 

I have added a self signed SSL certificate.

Created Binding for port 443

Removed binding for port 80

 

If I remove the < standardEndpoints > section from the web.config the https://localhost/hap/setup.aspx page shows IIS Green Tick Service Activated Red Cross.

 

Any suggestions?

 

Thanks in advance

 

Matt

Edited by Matt-IT
Posted

Capture.JPG

 

I have already reinstalled .net 4 once. Which version should I install? I tried "dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe" but was told that it couldnt install as it was already the same or higher.

 

I can fully uninstall and and reinstall via add remove progs but just want to make sure I am installing the correct .net 4 package.

 

Thanks

 

Matt

Posted

Ok,

 

Run c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe

 

Make sure the app pool is set to run as .net 4, and not .net 2 as well.

 

standardEndpoints is a .net 4 section

Posted

Ok removed the HAP wwwroot folder and started again. Followed the notes as listed (still dont have an option for IIS AppPool\HAP as this in NOT IIS7.5)

 

Redownloaded HAP ZIP and removed readonly perms. Added Network Service and IIS_WPG to read and execute (modify on the App Data folder).

 

Opened IIS Manager, expanded default site, checked certificate.

 

Converted HAP to an Application. Clicked on Authentication and got this error (see screenshot)Capture.JPG

Posted

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/home-access-plus/84055-cant-find-iis-apppool-hap-answer.html

 

It's an IIS7 feature, not 7.5, so it should be there.

 

Do you definitely have the IIS application pool for your site configured to run with ASP .NET 4.0?

 

  1. Right click your Virtual Directory in IIS Manager > Manage Application > Advanced Settings > read the app pool name.
  2. Then go to Application Pools, find that name and make sure the .NET Framework column says v4.0.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...