NumberSix Posted November 5, 2012 Posted November 5, 2012 Hello, I came back after half-term and went to login to my workstation this morning. Logging in took ages and when it finally did my profile appeared to have been reset. After a dig around, my C: drive is showing multiple username roaming profile folders, such as: C:\Users\myusername C:\Users\myusername.domain C:\Users\myusername.domain.000 C:\Users\myusername.domain.001 C:\Users\myusername.domain.002 I appear to be currently using the .002 profile (5.) - I've looked in the other profiles folders and each seems to be missing some files so things seemed to have got very messed up. I assume my original roaming profile was the first in the list (1.) but this is now pretty much empty with none of my files in. I've lost a lot of customised settings and my outlook 2007 got messed up with my calendar entries now missing. No idea what's happened but I'm sure it shouldn't be doing this and my C:/ drive is filling up. Any recommendations please? We're on Server 2003 with CC4. Is it possible to delete cached copies of roaming profiles within CC4? Thanks, NS
NumberSix Posted November 5, 2012 Author Posted November 5, 2012 Which O/S are you clients? This only appears to have been a problem on my PC so far which is Windows 7
NumberSix Posted November 7, 2012 Author Posted November 7, 2012 When logging off I see the message: Windows Windows cannot update your roaming profile completely. Check previous events for more details. Can't see anything obvious in previous events.
AXE Posted November 7, 2012 Posted November 7, 2012 Using a different user account, remove the duplicate profiles from the drive (C:\Users\myusername.domain.000, etc) and remove the sub-key from the registry associated with the profile. Local profile cache info is stored in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\ - Check the ProfileImagePath Value to find the correct sub-key to remove.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now