Arthur Posted December 13, 2012 Posted December 13, 2012 17 more towns/cities to get 4G before March 2013. Bradford Chelmsford Coventry Doncaster Dudley Leicester Luton Newport Reading Rotherham St Albans Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Walsall Watford West Bromwich Wolverhampton
aerospacemango Posted December 13, 2012 Posted December 13, 2012 17 more towns/cities to get 4G before March 2013. Bradford Chelmsford Coventry Doncaster Dudley Leicester Luton Newport Reading Rotherham St Albans Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Walsall Watford West Bromwich Wolverhampton Excellent news! That means I only have to go 30+ miles to my nearest 4G hotspot (or not-so-hotspot if some reports are to be believed!) I think I will hold off on 4G until the pricing and caps are a little more realistic!
CAM Posted December 13, 2012 Posted December 13, 2012 Won't be touching it with a bargepole as an Orange customer as: A) I struggle to get a single G at the best of times. I don't even know if that's a speed but I've seen 56k modems put it to shame. B) I stop getting total coverage failure. 5 bars and no data coverage no matter where I go for a good few hours? Pfft. C) I get a better cap. Admittedly I cheaped out here but on a 250MB cap I have to be VERY careful with my data usage, no streaming here. D) Someone offers a phone that doesn't die by mid-afternoon if you use it. Power is even more valuable then data in a day and the phone is meant to be a rather economical Android device. It's meant to have good battery life. :/ I generally limit it to stuff like Twitter or the Foursquare app when not on Wireless. The Google+ app seems way too sluggish on my connection and I dread to think what Facebook would be like.
CHR1S Posted December 13, 2012 Posted December 13, 2012 Don't seen the need for it.... yet! When the prices come down I will look again. I'm in the same camp as @AngryTechnician where in almost the centre of Birmingham you have to be on O2 just to get a signal on our site. Not 3G/2G just a signal full stop!! Poor mast locations I feel.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now