Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Arghhh HP K5400n & K8600n printer not printing from MS word on Win 7???


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys I didn't know whether to put this under Win 7 or Win Server 2008 R2 forum as it's related to both.

 

I have 2 printers installed as network printers on our 2008 print server using standard tcp/ip port which I am then deploying to Win7 clients via gpo.

I've found and added x86 drivers to the print server although they are a different version to x64 ones.

 

The printer shows on the clients and I can print a test page with no problem, can print from photoshop with no issues, but when I try and print anything from word it appears in the queue for a moment, then status changes to paused, and then the job just clears without printing.

 

Has anyone got any idea what could be causing this issue please?

 

Many thanks

Dan

Posted
just for giggles, try changing the print output settings in word from collated to uncollated and give it another go... let me know how you get on. I'm working a theory here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...