MelodicBrush Posted July 16, 2012 Author Posted July 16, 2012 Yeah its a dell and oMG! @Oaktech that is some sweet spec for so cheap, I wish I could build one
MelodicBrush Posted July 16, 2012 Author Posted July 16, 2012 Oh damn! hey guys I can run wakfu pretty good now! Now my question is, will buying a new graphics card for my computer enable me to run 3 clients? Oh and whats the best graphics card I can get for my computer with its spec?
synaesthesia Posted July 17, 2012 Posted July 17, 2012 (edited) Not sure a graphics card will give much of a boost to a flash game... if you do get one though, is your case low profile or full size? Low profile ; http://iceboy923cphints.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/dell-optiplex.jpg Full size ; http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_njXG_Zc1-X4/TAa9q4bnYgI/AAAAAAAAASY/Khe70pScrrA/s1600/dell-optiplex-gx280-desktop-pc2.jpg If it's low profile you'd need to shop very specifically for a low profile card. That's if you have a pci express slot to fit one in... they often don't have them for cost saving. PCI express slot at the top http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2005/11/23/pc_interfaces_101/pcie.jpg Make sure it's clean - those machines suck up dust better than most Dysons. Edited July 17, 2012 by synaesthesia
dgsmith Posted July 17, 2012 Posted July 17, 2012 that is some sweet spec for so cheap, I wish I could build one It really isn't actually! I still stand by the HP DC7900 I posted on the first page - $h!t hot core2 dual-core cpu with ram available for a tenner and hard drives for £12 on ebay.. you could have a killer spec with monitor for £120. I always like to search schtrade.com now and again.. we bought some DC7900 Intel E8400 machines with 4GB ram a few months back for £49 including VAT and delivery each.. still had 6 months warranty too! These are the ones we use as our main office machines.
MelodicBrush Posted July 17, 2012 Author Posted July 17, 2012 hmm this is really hard, damn. I hate having to be so cheap lol, I just cant wait till the end of the month, i really want to game badly now xD, i think its low profile :/
synaesthesia Posted July 17, 2012 Posted July 17, 2012 Probably be wanting something like: XFX HD 6450 1GB DDR3 DVI HDMI Low Profile Graphics Card | Ebuyer.com Can't get much too powerful in there if it's low profile, besides which you'd also need appropriate power supply connectors and a beefy power supply (which you can't upgrade in yours). So that may help with Windows Vista/7 and some low end games but you won't be doing any Call of Duty.
MelodicBrush Posted July 17, 2012 Author Posted July 17, 2012 from what i've read online, a graphics card only increases the quality, not the actual performance? Like i've got multiple tabs opened up now and i'm seeing a significant decrease in speed
twin--turbo Posted July 17, 2012 Posted July 17, 2012 It all depends on the application, if it can use the GPU on the graphics card effectivly then the computer CPU has to do less work. Rob
Oaktech Posted July 17, 2012 Posted July 17, 2012 It really isn't actually! I still stand by the HP DC7900 I posted on the first page - $h!t hot core2 dual-core cpu with ram available for a tenner and hard drives for £12 on ebay.. you could have a killer spec with monitor for £120. I always like to search schtrade.com now and again.. we bought some DC7900 Intel E8400 machines with 4GB ram a few months back for £49 including VAT and delivery each.. still had 6 months warranty too! These are the ones we use as our main office machines. I know its not killer... it is adequate, and the components are now much more future proof than the atx/ide/P4 architecture they had before! The motherboard will take more ram, and more exciting processors, I can add bigger hard drives etc. Given my parents last machine was good for nearly 10 years with only minor upgrades, i'm hoping for a similarly long life for this one!
Pete10141748 Posted July 17, 2012 Posted July 17, 2012 Wasn't sure if you are still looking for a decent low-cost machine or not, but in case you are I currently have this one for sale (personal machine, not needed as upgraded to a high-end gaming spec recently plus trying to get rid of un-needed stuff before I move house soon!). I am just 'up the road' from you in Luton, have dropped my original asking price as you are a fellow Edugeeker & would need to travel to collect it from me (if you are interest PM me on here and we can sort out times/dates/locations etc) Basic spec: Dell 530S small form slim tower, Intel Dual Core 3.0Ghz processor, 3Gb RAM, 500Gb internal hard drive, Internal 802.11 a/b/g wireless card, ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT graphics card with dual-screen adapter, Built-in 9-in-1 SD card reader, CD/DVD-RW drive, 6 USB ports (2 on front), Audio jack & line in on front, I'll also include a wireless mouse & keyboard, 14" 4:3 PC screen (if you want it) and all cables needed. Will throw in an 18Gb external HDD as well (again, if you want it!) Fresh install of Windows 7, Office 2010, all drivers, free anti-virus, etc. £120, I can provide a large box to transport it all in. http://www.cedarpc.com/fridayspecials/images/image006.jpg NOTE: the above picture does not show the external wireless card aerial or the ATI graphics card inputs that mine has! I'll give @MelodicBrush first dibs on it as they started this thread, but if anyone else is interest feel free to PM as well
MelodicBrush Posted July 26, 2012 Author Posted July 26, 2012 Oh damn, that looks very tempting, im wondering how much a can would cost from my house to luton and back lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now