Geoff Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 I'm not sure if this is possible but I'd thought I'd ask. I imagine it's a situation someone has come across in a school IT suite scenario. I work in a call centre, we're currently switching to VOIP. Currently they have Avaya analogue desk phones + headsets and use splitters when training new agents up. We're switching this out for Xlite softphones and Plantronics USB headsets. Is there any way to replicate the splitting of the audio between two USB headsets? The machines are running XP.
plexer Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 Is there a setting in the softphone to send audio to 2 devices? Ben
mac_shinobi Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 No there is not. Does the usb cable have a connector in the middle to disconnect said headset from the usb end of the cable ? as per If so could you not get an adaptor that connects to where the headset normally connects and gives you 2 outputs for 2 headsets ( one as the main person speaking and the other for just listening to said phone calls ) ??
pete Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 (edited) Plantronics website does appear to have usb breakout connectors: 63257-14 - USB to dual 3.5mm adapter http://media-kb.plantronics.com/ProductionFiles/63257-14.gif USB cable ----> Dongle with headphone and microphone socket ---> Socket Doubler -----> headset(s). Edited July 13, 2012 by pete
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now