enjay Posted May 14, 2012 Posted May 14, 2012 I've been asked to distribute Silverlight 5 to all our PCs. Has anyone done this, and was it relatively straightforward? If memory serves, v4 was a bit of a pain...
enjay Posted May 14, 2012 Author Posted May 14, 2012 Ha, forgot about WSUS. That could explain why I couldn't work out how I'd installed v4 too! I'm really not having a good day, today...
enjay Posted May 15, 2012 Author Posted May 15, 2012 Possibly having another Bad Day, but I don't see Silverlight 5 anywhere in my WSUS list...
maark Posted May 15, 2012 Posted May 15, 2012 Securtity Update KB2636927 gives you silverlight 5 I think - seems to have worked here. 1
sparkeh Posted May 15, 2012 Posted May 15, 2012 Sorry, my bad, you can't install v5 directly, you need to deploy v4 then apply KB2636927 that gives you v5. Not sure why they didn't release v5 directly but hey ho. 1
enjay Posted May 15, 2012 Author Posted May 15, 2012 Thanks. I read somewhere else that I was looking for "Security Update for Windows KB..." but it is actually "Security Update for Silverlight KB...". Installing now...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now