ranj Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 Hi folks Hopefully this is a simple question. We have exchange 2003 setup in our school along with OWA access for staff. Now I know OWA isn't as powerful as using a local version of outlook 2003 but there is a feature which is lacking on OWA and I just wanted to know if its something we could implement rather than give individual teachers access to local outlook. Some teachers have found the distribution list feature really handy. So I have been asked to create a few distribution lists on the server and get this communicated to all staff which is fine. The problem some teachers are having is if they send an email to a distribution list they cannot see who they are sending it too. If you hover your mouse over the distribution list in the to section, it will only display the email address of the distribution list. Is there a way that instead of it showing the email address of the distribution list, could I show it all members which are part of the list I know its something niggly but if anyone knows it would be really helpful. your help is appreciated.
john Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 As far as I remember not in OWA 2003, but in OWA 2007 yes you can.
blackcat Posted May 31, 2007 Posted May 31, 2007 No, we had the same problem in 2003. You need to have somebody (a senior manager ?) own the groups and manage the churn via the email admin. OWA 2007 does show who is in these groups, but at the moment OWA 2007 doesn't allow the creation of personal email distribution groups.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now