Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I'm having an issue with our SBS 2003 and RDP connections.

 

It seems that using Remote Desktop is causing the server to crash. If I don't RDP into the server for say 7 days we will have no problems, but if I RDP into it from one of the client PC's then minimise the window, the server crashes - not straight away but after a random period, it has been as little as 2 minutes and as long as 30 minutes.

 

All of the client PC's lose connection to server. When I go to the server room the server is on but the screen is frozen. Mouse and keyboard inputs aren't acknowledged on screen and a hard reset is the only thing I can do to get it back up and running.

 

If I disconnect the remote desktop connection once finished I don't see the issue, but if I minimise it on the client PC then the server can lock up within a few minutes.

 

Anybody heard of this issue before?

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Graeme

Posted

Nope none.

 

Its a strange one but the remote connection is definitely the cause, it will only happen if I open up a remote session to the server and then leave it idle for a short time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...