Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We currently do not have any VLANS setup on our network, however I am looking in to using the Just Add Power HDMI over IP system which will require at least one VLAN setting up (One VLAN per HDMI transmitter).

 

The layout of part the network will be:

HDMI Transmitter

V (Cat5e Cable)

DLink DGS1500-28P Switch

V (Cat5e Cable)

Cisco 3560 Switch

V (fibre Cable)

Cisco 3750 Switch

V (Cat5e Cable)

DLink DGS1500-28P Switch

V (Cat5e Cable)

HDMI Receiver

 

Say the HDMI transmitter and receiver are connected to port 20 of their respective DLink switches do I only need to create a VLAN and link it to port 20 on the two DLink switches or will I need to make configuration changes to the two cisco switches in between aswell?

 

I have absolutely no experience with setting up VLANs (other than what I have read online, which makes my head hurt) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted

Cheers thats some pretty neat kit that could help us out with a project we are thinking of.

 

Hope someone gets back to you with some VLAN info soon!

Posted
You'll need to create the VLAN on every switch in the chain. then assign the edge dlink ports to that VLAN while tagging the VLAN on the uplinks between switches.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...