Samboy Posted August 16, 2012 Posted August 16, 2012 can i get the x64 and i386? what do i need to do get it ?
FN-GM Posted August 16, 2012 Author Posted August 16, 2012 can i get the x64 and i386? what do i need to do get it ? PM me your email, i have both versions
Samboy Posted August 20, 2012 Posted August 20, 2012 i did try to install VLC but it didn't work to install it silently what do i need to do ?
AEF Posted September 6, 2012 Posted September 6, 2012 PM'd you my email address - but it said something about not pm'ing unless I have two posts - I don't know if you got it or not
ztwtso Posted October 18, 2012 Posted October 18, 2012 HI, I know I have one somewhere but not at this school. Cheers Trevor [email protected]
craig1510 Posted November 2, 2012 Posted November 2, 2012 Hi, I would like to use this MSI please. X64. I have a school who would really benefit from it.
kwouters Posted November 9, 2012 Posted November 9, 2012 I would also like acces to the VLC msi installer.
kwouters Posted November 9, 2012 Posted November 9, 2012 I would also like acces to the VLC msi installer. So this second post is only to be able to PM FN-GM for acces to the installer.
ChrisH Posted November 13, 2012 Posted November 13, 2012 There are MSIs on the videolan site which install fine but seemed to corrupt when I tried to make simple changes to them Index of /~etix/msi
Jimcm Posted December 20, 2012 Posted December 20, 2012 I would like a copy please. Need to post twice to pm you!
Jimcm Posted December 20, 2012 Posted December 20, 2012 I would like a copy please. Need to post twice to pm you!
acjohnson Posted February 7, 2013 Posted February 7, 2013 I tried the etix MSI package mentioned above but when adding it to a GPO I receive the following message: Add operation failed. Unable to extract deployment information from the package. Run validation on the package to ensure that the package is correct. I too would like a copy of the MSI that the op created.
psullivan Posted February 20, 2013 Posted February 20, 2013 I've love a copy of this as well. Thanks in advance! - - - Updated - - -
steewy Posted May 16, 2013 Posted May 16, 2013 (edited) Just in case some people are still looking for VLC msi, no need. Just download the latest version of VLC.exe Create a new GPO to launch a script at start-up. Here is the script to install VLC properly (.bat): @echo off if not exist "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" (goto instsp) else (goto End) :instsp "\\yoursharefolder\VLC-2.0.6"\vlc-2.0.6-win32.exe "--no-qt-privacy-ask" "--no-qt-updates-notif" /L=1033 /S :End Endlocal Voilà Edited May 16, 2013 by steewy
Arthur Posted May 16, 2013 Posted May 16, 2013 Voilà Unfortunately it isn't that simple. I just tried what you suggested in a VM and it doesn't work. VLC's NSIS installer won't recognise the --no-qt-privacy-ask and --no-qt-updates-notif switches because they are specific to VLC Media Player. I'll post my modified installer once I have tested it a bit more.
steewy Posted May 17, 2013 Posted May 17, 2013 Unfortunately it isn't that simple. I just tried what you suggested in a VM and it doesn't work. VLC's NSIS installer won't recognise the --no-qt-privacy-ask and --no-qt-updates-notif switches because they are specific to VLC Media Player. I'll post my modified installer once I have tested it a bit more. Well it works... -Create a batch file -Copy the code -Create a new GPO and apply it to a test OU for exemple. If you run the command manually it won't work because it needs to be run in silent mode ! -Move your computer to the test OU -gpupdate and restart. Of course you need to adapt the code to your network. But it works for sure. I installed it that way on the entire network (500 machines)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now