Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi;

 

I have recently taken over a network and one urgent problem I need to solve is getting the Tandberg Storage Library T24 working.

 

It has Tandberg Drivers installed but only showing up as a Tape device rather than a Medium Changer in Device Manager on W23K Enterprise R2 (installed as a IBM Ultrium HH4 Tape Drive at the moment.)

 

Back Exec 12.5 works but only sees it as a Tape Drive rather than a Robotic library.

 

 

 

Has anyone had experience using this tape drive? Much appricated !

:)

Posted

Thanks for your reply Jamesfed.

 

I've also checked with Tanberg today and it turned out the adaptec 5445 SAS card that the old network manager aquired does not support LUN that enables the T24 to be recognised as a robotic library..arse biscuits....

Posted (edited)

Lol. I came from a commercial background and new to schools and I find the education sector lot more challenging since Network managers have to be a lot more creative with small budgets, the server was built on a hodge podge of parts with spares if bits fall off it. So a file server that looks after yr 10 and11 with. Q6600 processor (same chip as I have in my htpc lol) with a sas card and a t24 tape drive attached to it...oh and a ISCSI SAN!

 

In my old company we slapped in a HP DL380, with a HP auto loader through SAS, 4000mb/minute peak...ah those were the days!

Edited by MrWu
Posted
Its all for the best fun :) Should see what our backup 'server' is at the moment, little more than a custom build PC with a Athlon II processor and 4GB of DDR3 to see it through the night - cost about £340 to make and after its finished its life as a server it will go in some poor souls office.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...