Halfmad Posted April 30, 2007 Posted April 30, 2007 Windows 2003 servers I want to use one of them to host the staff intranet. I've setup the site in the IIS Manager but when I start the site it states: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" I've checked the ports in use with netstat -ano and the only thing running on port 80 is PID 6060 which is IIS ! Any suggestions? I can run it on another port but I'd rather have it on 80. I had thought about it being AV or even the indexing service but the indexing service is disabled and I've put exceptions in on the AV, plus it's not blocking any ports. Even tried it with AV disabled. I've tried a few MS fixes but none seem applicable as they mention faulty registry entries, none of which I have.
Halfmad Posted April 30, 2007 Author Posted April 30, 2007 looks like I'll have to give this a shot as my event viewer event ID kicked it up: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890015
Halfmad Posted April 30, 2007 Author Posted April 30, 2007 Naimserv.exe Looks like Epolicy orchestrator is using port 80! bleh!
Halfmad Posted April 30, 2007 Author Posted April 30, 2007 Well I just decided to opt for alternative http ports instead of messing about with my AV software! Thanks for all your help Halfmad!
Halfmad Posted April 30, 2007 Author Posted April 30, 2007 No problem mate, next time include more detail in your original post you bloody newbie!
_Bat_ Posted April 30, 2007 Posted April 30, 2007 First sign of madness is talking to yourself. Second sign of madness is answering yourself back. Third sign of madness is being in charge of all the computers in a school. All three apply to you? More then just half mad
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now