mattx Posted April 28, 2007 Posted April 28, 2007 I see the toilet paper the Telegraph have jumped on the band wagon about the Wi-Fi story..... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/28/nesmog28.xml We are all doomed...............Lets blame global warming. BBC also stiring the pot: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6602561.stm Bird Flu, SARS, now this. Just wondering if the children are not supposed to keep the laptops on their lap - where will they keep their mobile phones ? A special attachement outside of their body.
_Bat_ Posted April 28, 2007 Posted April 28, 2007 "Wi-fi laptop fears for children" Well there will be fears now they have published THAT. Fortunately we don't use wireless in either of our schools because both my network manager and myself hate it (I don't understand how anyone has managed to get it working properly across the school... I can just hear all the knocking on my office door saying they can't get internet in the toliet or in this certain classroom. Every wireless network I have ever set up has had issues caused simply due to the nature of wireless. I'd hate to do it at work as well).
apoth0r Posted April 28, 2007 Posted April 28, 2007 we only use it for the teachers laptops, before i went into the school they had wireless in desktops, that was ripped out and replaced with the giga ethernet cards and now we're working lovely If teachers can't access it, its usually coz they havent pressed the legendary wireless button on their laptops (joy)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now