Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

New IWB not working Interactively, but USB sound does. Installed up-to-date drivers and newest release of ActivInspire.

 

We've had 5 new IWB's installed over summer and are unable to get them working interactively. We are running Windows XP with up to date service pack. I've also got the most up to date ActivDrivers and the latest release of ActivInspire. On the screen it recognizes that a board is connected (the red cross disappears) and activdriver can see the baord. In device manager it is showing as an Promethean Activboard V3. The white flame light is on at the top of the board. I've also tried getting it running from a windows 7 laptop in case it was an XP compatibility problem, but I'm still having the same problem.

 

When I spoke to Promethean Support, they emailed me new firmware for the board, but when I attempt to load it (via activedriver) it fails.

 

When the people that installed our boards tested them with their own laptop, they worked fine, also a Promethean chap who came in to do training used his own laptop and they worked then as well.

 

The desktop XP machine is a Dell Optiplex 740 and the laptop is a Toshiba Sat Pro.

 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by JimboXiii
Posted

Hi

 

What boards are they, 100 series, 300 series or the 500 series (pen and touch)? Is is the same for all boards ? Have you tried other pens (sorry I know its ' the basics' but the more info the better. Where abouts are you in the UK?

 

Thanks

 

(ex Promethean Employee)

Posted (edited)

Hi,

 

Given that they were tested and found to be fully functional on the installers laptop, the first thing to determine is what is different on your machines. My first thought would be that this could be a "permission" issue or that you are using an older version of the ActivDriver (just for info, the sound uses standard windows drivers)

 

First up, can you log in as full admin and test for interaction, failing that resolving the issue, please can you check the ActivDriver version by selecting the ActivManager icon on the System Tray and selecting Control Panel, the version will be displayed in the bottom left hand corner of the window. Whilst you are in there check that "mouse" is selected on the pens tab and not "pen"

Edited by TRobinson
Posted
I'll give those a try once schools out (not for summer sadly). I believe the version of ActivDriver is the latest but will certainly double check and get back to you.



×
×
  • Create New...