cpjitservices Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 I'm trying to roll out office 2010 on the network, but when I go to add the ProPuls.WW.msi file into GP it gives me a message saying it cannot Add operation failed. Any body any ideas ????
6Foot2 Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 I am currently working on deploying Office 2010 to my Windows 7 workstations. I followed the guide here: Link: PeteNetLive - KB0000464 - Deploying Office 2010 via Group Policy It does not employ the method you are looking at [it recommends an Admin install and customising setup.xml] but it was successful for me when I tried it but for product activation. However I think that will happen when I have more computers running Office 2010. HTH.
Hightower Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 I'm sure it doesn't install via the MSI's (throught design) and instead you have to do the admin install or something.
3s-gtech Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 Nope, the msi doesn't work. You can do it manually with the Setup file if you have a couple of years spare, or you can customise the install then use a script to deploy. I did that here, with very few problems (few stuck installs). I followed this guide which was previously posted on here, which has an alternative script within if you want to use that instead. office2010 deploy2.docx
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now