Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

We have a few systems here that operate by paper at the moment and we would like to digitise them.

 

It would be really useful to know what software others are using at your school for the following scenarios:

 

Science Technician - Equipment booking. They have asked for a system to allow the science teachers to book equipment for lessons in advance. I've tried using outlook\calendars but this is too open, it needs to be teacher proof - i.e lesson period selection, no double booking, stopping them from booking resources without 24hrs notice etc.

 

Print\Reprographics Room - We have a staffed print room here with several photocopiers. At the moment the teaching staff have to fill out a paper slip with details of copies, size, stapled etc which is paperclipped to the original. Then the admin staff do the job, and then manually calculate the job cost and then total it all up at the end of the month. I'm sure this could be done electronically. Departments often overspend their budget because of the delay in them being charged for photocopying.

 

Lettings for sports clubs - This is partially digitised at the moment using a program called Ressched. The problem is the invoicing side of the program is poor, with no way of marking if someone has paid, finding outstanding balances, payment reminders etc There must be a program that does the whole job for a small cost.

 

Building maintenance helpdesk - We use spiceworks for our IT support helpdesk and would like to set up something similar for the site staff. I have considered installing another spiceworks instance for this, unless anyone else has a better solution.

 

Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.

Posted

Hi, I'm in the process of review similar stuff myself.

 

For science, I'm looking at either a sharepoint calendar or sharepoint workflow. Or Room Booking System - Online Room Booking Software

 

Repro - again sharepoint workflow might be an option

 

Lettings - not sure of anything specific, but if you find something let me know :)

 

Buildings Main. - We use Web Help Desk for IT tickets and are looking to roll that out for our premises team too.

Posted
Building maintenance helpdesk - We use spiceworks for our IT support helpdesk and would like to set up something similar for the site staff. I have considered installing another spiceworks instance for this, unless anyone else has a better solution.

 

I developed Site Jobs to fill this gap at our place. It's open source, so feel free to take and use that. But I don't have the time to offer any assistance with it at the moment I'm afraid.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...