Ric_ Posted March 22, 2007 Posted March 22, 2007 @WITCH: You can 'adjust' the local policy on the laptop to prevent access to the IE proxy settings by anybody (including local admins)
localzuk Posted March 22, 2007 Posted March 22, 2007 The issue with teachers having their freedom's taken away by locking the computers down that contink points out seem a bit weak. Removing the privilege to install software removes the ability for potentially large problems with stuff being installed. I have been told to remove the privilege of installing software from staff laptops by my line manager now so I will be doing so. This will mean that staff who think they are tech-savvy will not be able to choose to upgrade to ie7 without running it past me, won't install software that breaks SIMS.net etc... That is the main problem, conflicts between software packages. Not to mention stupid screensavers, mp3's and other nonsense. If teachers need a program on school owned computers then they have to come through me from now on - how else am I to track what software is where and what licenses are needed etc...
witch Posted March 27, 2007 Author Posted March 27, 2007 Just a postscript: I have now got a loopback policy which allows the teachers to see their C drive when on the network - read only. This should help them see work they have created at home, which they can then save onto the network. Ric_ How do I do that?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now