Geoff Posted February 25, 2007 Posted February 25, 2007 enable PHP debugging. You'll get more meaningful error messages enabling you to track down the problem. php_flag display_errors on
webman Posted February 25, 2007 Posted February 25, 2007 Just looking at it, I think it's the way you're using the curly braces in your echo calls - I've only ever seen array indexes used with square brackets:
_Bat_ Posted February 26, 2007 Author Posted February 26, 2007 Just looking at it, I think it's the way you're using the curly braces in your echo calls - I've only ever seen array indexes used with square brackets: Just had a go at changing this, unfortunately it still fails . I'll do what Geoff said and see if I can extract any more meaning out of the error message.
_Bat_ Posted February 26, 2007 Author Posted February 26, 2007 Hahahaha! (Someone said to me once, if they didn't laugh, they'd scream... thats pretty much how I feel now). Anywho, I removed ALL of the php code out of the PHP file (along with half the HTML) and it still pops up the same error (even though there is not any code to process!). I cannot get the server to give me any more details. Anyone who is clever enough to explain this away, it'd be much appreciated!
contink Posted February 26, 2007 Posted February 26, 2007 Really dumb question but you have compiled PHP on the server and actually got it hooked into Apache.. Try creating a file called test.php and put this in: echo phpinfo(); ?> If that fails then you will know you've got to look at the underlying PHP provision on your server... if you get a slew of info though you can rule that out.
_Bat_ Posted February 26, 2007 Author Posted February 26, 2007 Really dumb question but you have compiled PHP on the server and actually got it hooked into Apache.. Try creating a file called test.php and put this in: echo phpinfo(); ?> If that fails then you will know you've got to look at the underlying PHP provision on your server... if you get a slew of info though you can rule that out. Server isn't mine, its from plugsocket.com. The PHP is fine because the rest of the site is PHP based (it uses Joomla) and that works fine. It's just suddenly started working... yet the only thing I did was change the file permissions on the directory they were in from 757 to 755 (so I actually took some permissions away...) and i'm as confused as heck as to why it has just done that, but i'm not complaining. Thanks for all of your help!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now