glennda Posted February 17, 2011 Posted February 17, 2011 In response to my post about displaying free computers - I'm thinking of making one. Does anybody have a script which will open two text files and show which ones are unique values? Or know how to do it? I no good with Vb/or powershell which i think are what i would need to use. basicly looking for something which can show me where users are logged in. So login script writes %username% and %computer% to loggedin.txt then logout script writes %username% and %computer% to loggedout.txt then every 5 mins script runs which compares loggedin.txt and loggedout.txt and outputs to computersinuse.txt the username and computer name of the unique records from both - i.e people who have not logged out. I can then do then import to the database and get php to display it nicely.
glennda Posted February 17, 2011 Author Posted February 17, 2011 Don't worry - I have another way of doing it thanks to webman's login tracker.
CyberNerd Posted February 17, 2011 Posted February 17, 2011 to answer the question: UNIX man pages : diff ()
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now