pooley Posted November 24, 2010 Posted November 24, 2010 I have implemented Remote desktop services on a Server 2008R2 box and am about to sort out the licensing for it. I have been quoted WinRmtDsktpSrvcsCAL 2008 SNGL MVL DvcCAL @ £11.46 WinRmtDsktpSrvcsCAL 2008 SNGL MVL UsrCAL @ £11.46 Is this a good price? and which one would be my best option? this is only for about 20 members of staff to access school files & resources from home. Thanks Si
rowed Posted November 24, 2010 Posted November 24, 2010 hi Pooley I've been quote around the £9-10 mark per Cal. Other option is the Home access plus + addon for iis7, if you can get it working. cheers Darren.
User3204 Posted November 24, 2010 Posted November 24, 2010 Hmm... MSSC121 MS Windows Remote Desktop Services CAL School Agreement 662 each £2.52 £1,668.24 Via Pugh, and I can't find the one I bought, which was cheaper.... Course I did buy a few more than you. This had to match the standard CAL which is per device... I don't have this many remote devices (yet).
SYNACK Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 As they are the same price you probably want user CALs. The user CALs apply one to each specific user to your user can access from whatever client computer without needing additional liscences. With device CALs you need one for each device used for RDP so if teachers are using it fro home they would need one for each of their computers and each staff laptop etc. If this is for only internal use with lots of users like staff and students then it may be cheaper to use Device CALs for each machine. If you have less users and want more remote ablilty go with per user ones. The cost does look a little high, we pay NZD$20 something per device per three years. We would like to use user CALs which are a little more expencive but our agreement precludes that.
Poco Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 Yes you do want user CALS and not device CALS to deal with remote users. if you know which part codes you have been quoted on i will have a look and let you know if the margins are high on that or not
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now