Jobos Posted November 9, 2010 Posted November 9, 2010 We've got a few of the Hitachi ED-X40 Projectors in this school and I've noticed that some have started to flicker. Has anyone come across this before?
Ulkary Posted November 9, 2010 Posted November 9, 2010 Ive seen flickering when the signal strength between the source and projector is weak, is there a splitter (unpowered) or very long cable in the video chain?
stevo1565 Posted November 9, 2010 Posted November 9, 2010 I've come across this with a few NEC's before turned out to be the lamp on its way out once replaced all was fine
ShorehamGeek Posted November 9, 2010 Posted November 9, 2010 I've got a flickering ED-X3400. New lamp didn't fix it. Will be watching this with interest.
Ulkary Posted November 9, 2010 Posted November 9, 2010 Can you explain your connections from the source to output? might help trouble shoot. If it wasn't the lamp I would think its a connection issue.
Educare_AV Posted November 9, 2010 Posted November 9, 2010 I have seen this when the wrong resolution is being displayed. I believe the ED-X40 is XGA and should not display a resolution greater then 1024x768
Jobos Posted November 9, 2010 Author Posted November 9, 2010 It's running with a splitter and using 1024x768 but I've just been to the classroom and removed the splitter and it's just the same. In fact when I was removing the splitter the projectors 'can't find signal' message was flickering anyway so must be the projector. The unit is under warranty so I'll keep you informed.
Marc-Engineer Posted November 11, 2010 Posted November 11, 2010 Hi, just another thing to try i have seen this when Dell laptops have been used have you tried another PC? Marc
Jobos Posted November 11, 2010 Author Posted November 11, 2010 Don't need to. The projector flickers on its own without a pc being connected.
Jobos Posted November 16, 2010 Author Posted November 16, 2010 Update: Today the engineer called to fix the flickering projector but of course I was at lunch at the time. The office manager took him to the classroom but as sods law states the projector wasn't flickering then so he departed without doing anything. Funny thing is, last week when I reported the fault, three people complained about the flickering!
alan-d Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 We had a flicker problem with a new Hitachi short throw projector, it turned out to be the power socket it was plugged into. Moved the plug to a different socket and it worked fine. It did take 2 new projectors and every cable and connection to be replaced before we discovered it though! 1
SGreen679 Posted November 17, 2010 Posted November 17, 2010 (edited) Edited for unauthorised advertising. if you wish to use the forums for commercial purposes please contact us. Dos_Box Edited November 18, 2010 by Dos_Box
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now