Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I was wondering if anyone has a guide or an idea to install Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 by group policy? I have the MSI installer but how do i input the serial number?

 

I phoned Corel they want to charge something like £150 for a support call. I don't fancy paying that in all honesty.

 

Thank You

Posted
Last time I tried this there was an admin installer pack as part of the CD kit and that allowed you to make a customised installer. Have they discontinued this?
Posted
Can't remember fully it was now about 3 years since I had to do one but it was a separate CD as it was part of the Corel Licence for Learning and allowed you to customise and deploy stuff. They may have changed it all now though
  • Thanks 1
Posted
To be honest i cant find the original media, god knows where that is now. I only have an ISO image of the original install disc.
Posted
Hi,

 

I was wondering if anyone has a guide or an idea to install Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 by group policy? I have the MSI installer but how do i input the serial number?

 

I phoned Corel they want to charge something like £150 for a support call. I don't fancy paying that in all honesty.

 

Thank You

 

Have you tried doing an administrative install by launching the MSI via msiexec /a?

Posted
Have you tried doing an administrative install by launching the MSI via msiexec /a?

 

I did try that but this happened. I am not sure if i have done soemthing wrong though

msi.PNG

Posted
I did try that but this happened. I am not sure if i have done soemthing wrong though

 

You need to run it like this:

 

msiexec /a "K:\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo\psppx2.msi"

  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

I used this, AppDeploy > Package Knowledgebase > Paint Shop Pro when when i was setting up deployment using MDT. (which i used sucessfully for PSPX and PSPX3)

if that doesn't work - you can always try this - Downloads - MSI Package Builder - its a 30 day trial but it can still build MSI's.

 

mb

 

EDIT: Quiet install command,

 

\\SERVER\SHARE\distribution\Applications\Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X3 1.3\setup.exe /QB! SERIALNUMBER="XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX"

Edited by mbird
  • Thanks 1
Posted

ok what i fool

 

just found something out. I can use the below code to install it with a batch file

 

msiexec /i aip\psppx2.msi Serialnumber=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXX /qb

 

is there a way i could possibly add these options through the standard windows installers stuff in group policy. How would i add these extra options please?

 

Thanks

Posted

Looks like i have managed it

 

To create a server image

1 Insert the installation disc into the DVD drive.

If the AutoRun screen opens, click Exit.

2 On the Windows® taskbar, click Start Run.

3 Type the following command line, where X: is the DVD drive.

X:\Setup.exe /a

4 Type your user name and serial number (with or without hyphens) in

the boxes provided, and then click Next.

The customer information that you provide is passed on to the

workstations when the software is deployed to the network. By

default, users can change the user name but not the serial number.

5 Specify a network location for the server image. To change the default

location, type a valid server path in the Network location box, or

click Browse to browse to a valid network location.

6 If you want to allow workstations to detect and download product

updates, enable the Product updates check box.

7 Click Install to begin copying the files to the server.

If you click Cancel, you are prompted whether to cancel creating the

server image. Cancelling “rolls back” the setup and undoes most of

the changes made; however, some manual clean-up may be required.

8 Click Finish.

9 Check for software updates, and apply them to the server

 

 

Thanks to all that posted :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...