Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is there a GPO to disable the help protect and improve microsoft office popup? At the moment it is just another thing to confuse staff!

 

PROTECTMSOFF.gif

 

If there isnt a gpo can it be done by script?

 

 

Thanks in advance

 

Craig

Posted
There is a GPO setting for it - obviously you have to get the Office 2010 GPO adm files and the setting you need to enable is located in User Policies\Admin Templates\Microsoft Office 2010\Miscellaneous\Supress Recommended Settings Dialog.
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 years later...
Posted

Slightly confused as not done this for ages...

 

I have gone in to sysvol/mydomain and created a folder called PolicyDefinitions in there I have the windows 10 admx stuff, which is getting picked up by Group policy management.

I have downloaded the files for office 2010 and done the same but when it comes to adding a new template its only picking up the adm files not the admx files ??

  • 1 year later...
Posted

I have this same issue in a VMware environment but I made the setting changes using the Office 2010 Administrative Template (.admx) to configure the " User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2010\Miscellaneous

Suppress recommended setting dialog to "Enabled " but I am still getting to pop up ? I have this template set for both the local GPO and the Domain GPO but its still showing up on half of the workstations, weird. Is there another setting somewhere?

 

 

GPo issue.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...