craigg Posted September 20, 2010 Posted September 20, 2010 Is there a GPO to disable the help protect and improve microsoft office popup? At the moment it is just another thing to confuse staff! If there isnt a gpo can it be done by script? Thanks in advance Craig
taff Posted September 20, 2010 Posted September 20, 2010 There is a GPO setting for it - obviously you have to get the Office 2010 GPO adm files and the setting you need to enable is located in User Policies\Admin Templates\Microsoft Office 2010\Miscellaneous\Supress Recommended Settings Dialog. 2
john Posted September 20, 2010 Posted September 20, 2010 Download details: Office 2010 Administrative Template files (ADM, ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool the link for the adm files to help people out
MattDLEA Posted August 25, 2015 Posted August 25, 2015 Slightly confused as not done this for ages... I have gone in to sysvol/mydomain and created a folder called PolicyDefinitions in there I have the windows 10 admx stuff, which is getting picked up by Group policy management. I have downloaded the files for office 2010 and done the same but when it comes to adding a new template its only picking up the adm files not the admx files ??
GuiltySpark Posted October 17, 2016 Posted October 17, 2016 I have this same issue in a VMware environment but I made the setting changes using the Office 2010 Administrative Template (.admx) to configure the " User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2010\Miscellaneous Suppress recommended setting dialog to "Enabled " but I am still getting to pop up ? I have this template set for both the local GPO and the Domain GPO but its still showing up on half of the workstations, weird. Is there another setting somewhere?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now