SimpleSi Posted September 8, 2010 Posted September 8, 2010 Edugeek has let me down Why didn't anyone tell me I need to get different size bolts to fix my shiney new Casio to the plate????? I'd cheked throw distance - I'd checked main socket nearby so I could just plug in. What on earth possed Mr Casio to deviate from the standard fixing size!!!!! Before I go off to the shops - does anyone know what size they are? BTW Simon PS This rant aimed particulary at John
Domino Posted September 8, 2010 Posted September 8, 2010 Cause nothing in the world is ever simple... I had to buy a whole new mount for mine - although the old ones were projector specific so thats not a great surprise....
EduTech Posted September 8, 2010 Posted September 8, 2010 Aww Hugs Simon Stupid Casio Person! and John!
Hightower Posted September 8, 2010 Posted September 8, 2010 We replaced an aged projector in the summer, but we had to buy a universal mount (it was so old it came with a 'this will only fit this projector' mount). The new one needed the bolt hole drilling bigger (thanks DT!), but it came with a variety of screws to fit all projectors. If it's not urgent I could mail you the ones we have spare? 1
SimpleSi Posted September 8, 2010 Author Posted September 8, 2010 Got some from the local hardware shop - they are 3mm for future refernence. Still not found a C5 female to male C14 adaptor/ lead convertor so if the mains socket for the projector isn't within easy reach of the projector then I'm going to need to get electricians in so I'll probably not renew those ones with Casios The Casio image looks very nice - despite my earlier concerns - it replaced an epson s3 with plenty of adjustment int hand for the image size. Lastly - yoiu also need a phono female back-back bullet to convert from normal phone video plug to the flying lead than comes with it. Hope it lasts till after I retire Simon
Domino Posted September 8, 2010 Posted September 8, 2010 BOOOOOM Si C14 to C5 Adaptor : Mains Power Leads : Maplin 2
bossman Posted September 8, 2010 Posted September 8, 2010 We bought 2 from CPLTD over the summer and the service we got was second to none, also bought new mounts fairly cheap and good quality, of which there are many but they came in the next day as requested and we fitted them quite easily within an hour for both projectors. The teaching staff who received them are over the moon with them and so are we. As our standard electrical procedure was for the socket to be hidden in a false ceiling above the projector near the mount and linked to a switched spur next to the IWB we obviously had no difficulty in coupling the electrical lead up. Thank you CPLTD
SimpleSi Posted September 8, 2010 Author Posted September 8, 2010 @Domino - ta (If they ever come back into stock that is ) Just need a C7 to C5 as well to convert my epson cassette socket types Si
elsiegee40 Posted September 8, 2010 Posted September 8, 2010 Cause nothing in the world is ever simple... I had to buy a whole new mount for mine - although the old ones were projector specific so thats not a great surprise.... We took a drill to the existing mounts (Sanyo) and mounted the Casio's on them - cheaper 1
john Posted September 8, 2010 Posted September 8, 2010 Edugeek has let me down Why didn't anyone tell me I need to get different size bolts to fix my shiney new Casio to the plate????? I'd cheked throw distance - I'd checked main socket nearby so I could just plug in. What on earth possed Mr Casio to deviate from the standard fixing size!!!!! Before I go off to the shops - does anyone know what size they are? BTW Simon PS This rant aimed particulary at John How dare you my good friend, if you search on here I did actually answer a question about the fixing bolts about 6 months ago as someone asked me what size, I said I couldn't remember but they were the little tiny screws in the Sahara kits not the usual mid-sized screws, and that same kind sole (and I think it was Soulfish actually) then posted the size a couple of posts down so I think you should research more on Edugeek my friend hehe You could have called or asked me direct though but as a man of many screws in my box of goodies it never worried me, and I even fitted a Casio myself today in a local primary school for them, to a former Sanyo Promethean mount, stuck on a nice bit of MDF to the bottom of the mount and fixed the Casio on to that instead, job done and means no messing with Asbestos (not that we do that but means no paying a firm to do it for us) thus saving nearly £600 off the cost of the fitment 1
SimpleSi Posted September 9, 2010 Author Posted September 9, 2010 Ok - I'm sorry - I'll let you off then stuck on a nice bit of MDF to the bottom of the mount and fixed the Casio on to that instead, Great minds think alike I was going to us a flat piece of metal for the other one I've ordered as it doesn't have the universal sahara plate but mdf sounds easier - what thickness did you use? Si 1
john Posted September 9, 2010 Posted September 9, 2010 Ok - I'm sorry - I'll let you off then Great minds think alike I was going to us a flat piece of metal for the other one I've ordered as it doesn't have the universal sahara plate but mdf sounds easier - what thickness did you use? Si I wanted metal but when I asked in our DT dept for some sheet metal I got a look like I asked for Anthrax or an atom bomb! (I guess it doesn't get used in today's modern CNC Laser cutting world where everything is made of foam and plastic ) I think, as it was from the scrap box in our site teams store, 4mm MDF the Projector doesn't weigh anything much really so I don't think it needs to be anything more than that myself. I cut it to the size of the top of the mount and obviously just used the 3 holes from the Sanyo with good bolts and nylock nuts and washers through them and its rock solid, quick bit of sandpaper to the edges and job done. Could paint it grey to "match" but I didn't see the point as its all covered by the Casio. So its now hanging nicely in this local primary school and we have a happy feeder school who's just saved themselves be best part of £1K on asbestos removal charges, new ceiling and LA fitting costs for a new, non-casio projector 1
SimpleSi Posted September 16, 2010 Author Posted September 16, 2010 Well just employed the John projector mount technique I went slightly thicker MDF (offcut at local timber merchant) but didn't bother with nylock so it will probably fall off if we get a series of small earthquakes that loosen all 3 nuts I might take my scorpioin saw in and trim it a bit and maybe paint it but probably it'll stay like that till nexct technician comes along and says "what idiot put this up" Also had a nice time this morning extending a Smartboard frame to handle a replacement 680 for a 560 A good day at the office I feel like an engineer again Simon 1
john Posted September 16, 2010 Posted September 16, 2010 Well just employed the John projector mount technique I went slightly thicker MDF (offcut at local timber merchant) but didn't bother with nylock so it will probably fall off if we get a series of small earthquakes that loosen all 3 nuts I might take my scorpioin saw in and trim it a bit and maybe paint it but probably it'll stay like that till nexct technician comes along and says "what idiot put this up" Also had a nice time this morning extending a Smartboard frame to handle a replacement 680 for a 560 A good day at the office I feel like an engineer again Simon Would like to chuck in that just bolting scraps of timber to old mounts isn't my usual method of fitment before people think I'm a cowboy, this was done due to the Asbestos ceiling that the existing mount is fastened to (not fitted by me or my staff!) so I couldn't fit one of my usual Sahara Generic Projector Mount kits which is what we usually fit projectors to when they are on non-generic mounts Also should add, before someone suggests a wall mount boom that Sahara make, this school has got one of them, it fell down one day due to poor fitment onto the play mat of the Nursery Class, thankfully the children were not in the room at the time but they are, as you can imagine, fairly worried about these despite my best efforts to reassure them. Glad you have got it up now Simon and i'm sure you have more ladies joining your we love simon fan club
SimpleSi Posted September 17, 2010 Author Posted September 17, 2010 Although I do re-semble a cowboy to some of the more traditional geeks here I prefer to think of myself as following in the tradtion of Unorthodox Engineers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Simon
bossman Posted September 17, 2010 Posted September 17, 2010 @all: Here are some fixing brackets for you all so you can make the choice of bracket which will best suit your environment: We chose the last one for the Unicol strut which we have all around the school CPLTD - Adam Whitmee thanks 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now