john Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 Just seen on Twitter that the MS Exchange team have released Exchange SP1 into the wild so the good news, if you were missing it, is Themes are back and avaliable in final real code for you Full post by the MS Exchange team is here: You Had Me At EHLO... : The Future of Exchange Starts Here: Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Is Now Available and link to the download is here: Download details: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1 So who's going to do the upgrade now ready for September
Theblacksheep Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 Woo hoo... 550mb download. Nice list of additional features for the EMC. 27 themes?
steve Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 I only finished the install of 2010 the other week - I had hoped the SP would leave me alone for a while :-(
john Posted August 26, 2010 Author Posted August 26, 2010 Woo hoo... 550mb download. Nice list of additional features for the EMC. 27 themes? Yes I noticed the large number of themes, most tbh are more comical / fun / playful than corporate, thus I've removed themes option from mine, fine not on SP1 yet, but keeps them from having silly ones
Theblacksheep Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 are the all the themes on/off or can some be allowed?
john Posted August 26, 2010 Author Posted August 26, 2010 Global on / off is the option as its in the settings for OWA in the ECP. You could probably just delete the themes from the server folder though at a rough guess (note - not tried, tested or approved but a suggestion to try on a test setup!)
Gatt Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 I appear to need to install a load of hotfixes for this to work :-S
teejay Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 Installed this afternoon, works pretty well once you get through the hotfix hell, much better than that stupid break everything rollup 4 ;-)
nickbro Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 I'm loving the SP1 for exchange 2010. The themes are a nice touch, but I doubt our teachers would even notice them. The hotfixes were a nightmare, why don't they make the read more link point to the hotfixes rather than a useless technet article
nickbro Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 How long does it take? About 1/2 hour per server. The SMTP server for me only took 15 mins, the main server took about ~30 mins 1
john Posted August 26, 2010 Author Posted August 26, 2010 Installed this afternoon, works pretty well once you get through the hotfix hell, much better than that stupid break everything rollup 4 ;-) Really, I survived that fine, infact, touches wood (now ive said this i'm doomed ain't I!) I've not had any issues with updates for it..... Although the PST export / import near enough killed me! Blasted Microsoft!! Think I will wait till half term before SP1 as I need to get a good full backup of Exchange and the Server, DCs etc before I do that
Arthur Posted August 26, 2010 Posted August 26, 2010 (edited) I found the following webpages really useful when installing SP1 this afternoon. The first link lists all the prerequisite hotfixes. No need to copy and paste. Exchange 2010 SP1 Prerequisites http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691354.aspx What's New in Exchange 2010 SP1? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff459257.aspx Release Notes for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff728620.aspx Edited August 26, 2010 by Arthur 2
RabbieBurns Posted August 27, 2010 Posted August 27, 2010 With regards to the hotfixes, If I have Windows updates on and updating straight from MS, should the hotfixes be already applied?
nickbro Posted August 27, 2010 Posted August 27, 2010 The hotfixes haven't been released to windows update 1
RabbieBurns Posted August 27, 2010 Posted August 27, 2010 OK cool cheers. Im due to be adding a 2nd Exchange server in September so Ill just wait and do SP1 to both of them at once.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now