Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Morning,

 

Right for the past couple of weeks now i have been pulling my hair out with this BES Express, I have managed to get hold of a brand new Blackberry Handset to try and get this to work properly.

 

I am hitting a brick wall when it comes to assigning a user to a device, I know you can do it via the Web Manager but it appears it wont let me login with any users within AD except the Administrator account.

 

Does anyone know why this is not working, or/ does anyone know where i am going wrong and could maybe give me some tips on where to start to look.

 

also, has anyone actually got this working?

 

Installed on SBS2008 Server

 

Regards,

 

James.

Posted

I have only installed older versions of BES on 2k3 servers but I'm assuming you still need to manually configure the AD permissions to allow BES to access the email, you also needed to install MTA transport for Exchange 2007 as it was not installed by default.

 

The older versions of the server software had an application that would allow you to plug a device into the server directly and provision it from the manager. If they have ditched it for a web based console I suppose this feature may no longer be avalible (progress :rolleyes:).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...