riadtaihi Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 Im new in this forum and very happy to has become a member! I would like to know if there is a way to bypass, get rid or detect Proxy in my company? I could have tried Yourfreedom but i dont have Admin Rights in my PC. I can just access google, yahoo, hotmail and few similar website and almost all forums are banned! the Proxy Pac is proxy.jgca.dz:8080 I have tried to imput this in Ultrasuft but it failed I have tried Freegate also failed Is there anybody that has an idea about this issue? Many thanks in advance.
BatchFile Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 The filtering in your company is there for a reason, namely to enforce their acceptable use policy, for operational reasons. For example, In a school, where I and most of the members here are based, bypassing filters is additionally hazardous as it could lead to students accessing inappropriate / dangerous / illegal content, not only putting the child at risk but potentially leading to problems for the school as it will have failed in their duty of care. I suggest addressing whoever is in charge of supporting IT in your company detailing what you need to access and why - if it is for legitimate work purposes you should not have a problem. 1
riadtaihi Posted July 27, 2010 Author Posted July 27, 2010 Thanks! I understand that the proxy has been made for a reason; so i'm aware of the need of proxy! But, as you said, the use of internet may differs from one user to another, so not all people will use internet in a danegrous or illegal way. I would liek to by pass our proxy in order to use Wat.tv, a videos website! Have a nice day!
Dos_Box Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 Wow, this is an anti-question. It's a question asking for the direct opposite of what we usually try to prevent!
riadtaihi Posted July 27, 2010 Author Posted July 27, 2010 I dont see it as something danegrous if i want to watch series or mangas in streaming! Thanks!
jamesb Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 I dont see it as something danegrous if i want to watch series or mangas in streaming! Thanks! While at work? You are aware that bypassing your company proxy in order to do something like this, if detected, would fairly quickly put you up against a disciplinary and could potentially be counted as gross misconduct? 1
riadtaihi Posted July 27, 2010 Author Posted July 27, 2010 so, what wouod seem to be ok for you to bypass a proxy?
localzuk Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 I dont see it as something danegrous if i want to watch series or mangas in streaming! Thanks! I think what people are trying to say is that this site is a site of IT Professionals who spend their time enforcing acceptable use via technical means in schools and enterprises. Asking us how to bypass security is much like asking a police officer what the best way to escape from a bank robbery would be. You're not going to get an answer! Speak to your IT team and see what they say. My question, if I was your business' IT manager would be 'how does your watching TV aid our business?' and I'm guessing here but I expect you'd not be able to provide a suitable answer. so, what wouod seem to be ok for you to bypass a proxy? There isn't an acceptable method or reason to do this. You should speak to your IT team. 1
BatchFile Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 so, what wouod seem to be ok for you to bypass a proxy? Nothing. As I said earlier: I suggest addressing whoever is in charge of supporting IT in your company detailing what you need to access and why - if it is for legitimate work purposes you should not have a problem. Presumably it is the company's IT kit and/or bandwidth and/or time you would be using. If any of those are correct, they get to make the rules I'm afraid.
riadtaihi Posted July 27, 2010 Author Posted July 27, 2010 I see what you want to say; i understand everything! people may find each others in any time and i admit that what i asked is not legal but even if i am not a specialist in It , i can help in anyway. If you were my It Manager, i would have helped you with this in enforcing your proxy! BYE.
cookie_monster Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 I see what you want to say; i understand everything! people may find each others in any time and i admit that what i asked is not legal but even if i am not a specialist in It , i can help in anyway. If you were my It Manager, i would have helped you with this in enforcing your proxy! BYE. What are you talking about?
DaveMurphy Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 Isn't the easiest way to bypass it.. not to bypass it? and watch it at home in your own time?
gizmo2005 Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 not quiet sure he understands what he is actually asking!!!!!
penfold Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 (edited) not quiet sure he understands what he is actually asking!!!!! All he really needs to know is he is asking the wrong people. The advice has been given to ask his IT support team/ LM and put forward a case of his need for a less restrictive filter in place. If it will be of benefit he may get it, if it's for non work puposes he wont. But the post did make me smile have to admit Edited July 27, 2010 by penfold
tmcd35 Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 What are you talking about? Google Translator's on the fritz again 1
budgester Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 The best way to bypass the proxy is with a large cash bung to the BOFH. Preferably in non sequentially numbered medium value notes.
jamesb Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 The best way to bypass the proxy is with a large cash bung to the BOFH. Preferably in non sequentially numbered medium value notes. Setting up an open tab for their use at the bar also works, and has the benefit that you're unlikely to suffer consequences as they won't want to upset the gravy train.
ezzauk Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 But the post did make me smile have to admit I would have to agree with penfold. The cheek of some people.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now