goodhead Posted July 16, 2010 Posted July 16, 2010 We have just bought a new server for our proxy. We want to upgrade to server 2008. We want to run isa 2006 on this server. I've now discovered that isa 2006 won't run on 2008. Is there a patch for this like there was for isa 2000 and server 2003? Hope so otherwise its back to server 2003.
p858snake Posted July 16, 2010 Posted July 16, 2010 I'm sure I was running ISA 2006 on 2008 in class.... are you using 2008 or 2008R2?
ICT_GUY Posted July 16, 2010 Posted July 16, 2010 Nope it does not like 2008. (Last time I tried last year) Solution for me was to set up a 2003 server and install it on that, but not have it as a domain controller. It has worked fine the past year.
goodhead Posted July 16, 2010 Author Posted July 16, 2010 I'm sure I was running ISA 2006 on 2008 in class.... are you using 2008 or 2008R2? we installed the first release 32 bit. Does r2 support isa 06?
goodhead Posted July 16, 2010 Author Posted July 16, 2010 we installed the first release 32 bit. Does r2 support isa 06? we could run forefront with 2008 r2. problem is we use websense and that has no support for 64 bit. Would the 32 bit websense even install?
Richie1972 Posted July 16, 2010 Posted July 16, 2010 ISA 2006 does not work on Server 2008 and never will. We ended up having to build a couple of Server 2003 Hyper-V servers to run it. If you need server 2008 then either use forefront, or install Hyper-V and create a second server running 2003 to handle ISA 2006
apearce Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Microsoft made a lot of architectural changes to Windows Server 2008 and also visit - hence why there are so many compatability issues with legacy software on this OS. As ISA is a security product and Microsoft changed the security architecture - the product will not install. As Richie_OLJS said, make your new server a Hyper-V server and install a VM with 2003. I would then create another VM with 2008R2, implement Microsoft TMG (ISA replcement) and switch over when you are ready.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now