tracyo Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 :confused:I was visiting a school last week and was surprised by the negativity towards the LPPlus/enable VLE. I have to admit when this was first introduced to us I found it clunky and hard to use, but the developments made over the last 12 months have been excellent. I am receiving knowledgeable support and the staff are quick to resolve any issues I have. The training has allowed me and members of both Teaching and Admin staff to post to the site. We are using a virtual staff room including support desk and subject sites. The students are taking ownership of areas and developing these with the canteen, the anti bullying group, the eco club and many others. We will be using the e-portfolio tool from September and the online reporting. We are developing the parental engagement and are looking forward to the release of the Sharepoint 2010 version. As a school we have now renewed with LPPlus and have committed to 3 years. I have looked at various other platforms and don’t understand why others aren’t willing to try again before ruling this out? If anyone would like to contact me and have a look round our VLE please do so.
LeMarchand Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 2 of my 4 schools use LPPlus. 1 has all but stopped using it and, after toying with the LEA solution, is looking elsewhere. The other has a "champion" who has put a lot of effort in and is unwilling to see it wasted. Personally speaking, I think it's a bit ugly and not overly child-friendly (for Primary). Mind you, until all the teaching staff start contributing to any VLE I feel that at present (especially in Primary) that they are one of those great ideas that has yet to be grasped by the staff. I suspect that they see far more use in secondary, and no doubt there are members on here who have done great thing with their Primary sites, but I have yet to see any system used to its potential across my schools. 1
apoth0r Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 Agree with you LeMarchand, very much of a muchness when it comes to primary schools and until it is possible to incorporate it into the day to day workings then I'm afraid it is tough to keep teachers 'with it'. Secondary is a different ball game with regard to VLE's. Moodle is a growing success here and will continue to progress, that's the beauty of it.
tracyo Posted July 12, 2010 Author Posted July 12, 2010 (edited) Which school do you work for? Southfield School for Girls, Kettering 2 of my 4 schools use LPPlus. 1 has all but stopped using it and, after toying with the LEA solution, is looking elsewhere. The other has a "champion" who has put a lot of effort in and is unwilling to see it wasted. Personally speaking, I think it's a bit ugly and not overly child-friendly (for Primary). Mind you, until all the teaching staff start contributing to any VLE I feel that at present (especially in Primary) that they are one of those great ideas that has yet to be grasped by the staff. I suspect that they see far more use in secondary, and no doubt there are members on here who have done great thing with their Primary sites, but I have yet to see any system used to its potential across my schools. Out of curiosity where are you from? I know of a local Primary that are using it really effectively. Edited July 12, 2010 by tracyo
LeMarchand Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 Out of curiosity where are you from? I know of a local Primary that are using it really effectively. Despite what they say, Kettering is nowhere near the deepest pits of Hell .
vikpaw Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 Despite what they say, Kettering is nowhere near the deepest pits of Hell . ahem, 7 ish miles to Wellingborough, blows that argument away
apoth0r Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 I take offence to that Vik! Born and bred Well-----rough
vikpaw Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 I take offence to that Vik! Born and bred Well-----rough ditto! - wanna make something ov it? handbags at dawn... if you dare... pedestrian zone between abbey and the old woolies
GrumbleDook Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 Children, Children ... you are meant to be setting an example ... mainly for those in Irthlingborough ...
NewOrder Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 I had the misfortune to go to Kettering Grammar School.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now