Simcfc73 Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 Hi, I'm after some advice about my computer that I use for work and gaming. I recently purchased a Nvidia 7950 with 512Mb ram but I am still getting some distinct jerking when I play Rainbow Six Vegas on 1024. My chip is a AMD 3.0Ghz with 1Gb Corsair Ram and a single SATA 2 Drive. What do you think I should upgrade next? I don't really want to spend oodles more as it cost me £250 for a MB, Graphics card, power supply and hard drive. Tempted to go for a 4400 X2 chip on Ebay for £100 and double my ram but don't know if that will help enough. What do you think?
alonebfg Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 a lot of the new game are not designed to use a single graphics card you would be good to go with crosfire or sli etheir that or you will need to lower your settings most of these game are disgned for a console this one is a 360 game and as these are disigned for games ie to build a machine that compares to a 30 you would be forking out in the reagion of £2500 my advice is if you want to play game buy a console but i will admit stragic planning and some game are better on a pc.
ChrisH Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 SLI isnt that good I have an SLI setup and its not that much better than using one card. You will need 2 gig memory for newer games and your CPU may be a limiting factor as well to your system as well (like mine).
Simcfc73 Posted December 31, 2006 Author Posted December 31, 2006 Just priced up for a new motherboard (AM2) with a 4400 X2 chip, 2Gb of OCZ gold 800Mhz ram and another graphics card. Just shy of £800 Might get myself a Xbox 360
alonebfg Posted December 31, 2006 Posted December 31, 2006 i know thats what i did in the end i was converted play it all the time also online my faverate is double agent but looking at getting rainbow six
Simcfc73 Posted January 1, 2007 Author Posted January 1, 2007 I prefer playing with KB and mouse and have never got used to a games controller so I really can't see me going for a XBOX. Almost bougth a Wii though, half because I wanted one and half because they are going for loads on Ebay at the moment. Think I will borrow a AM2 computer from work and see if my graphics card works with that better.
Jake Posted January 5, 2007 Posted January 5, 2007 I highly recommend 2 gig for PC gaming. On a sidenote, I got a free Xbox 360 this week and bought Rainbow Six Vegas for it, got to admit its a damned good game. Nice looking, play wells and runs like a smoothy cream dream on the xbox
ChrisC Posted January 12, 2007 Posted January 12, 2007 free......FREE!!!! I suppose you won it somehow? Chris
Simcfc73 Posted January 12, 2007 Author Posted January 12, 2007 Well I ended up buying new stuff. Core Duo 2 2.13Ghz chip Foxconn MB (PC Pro A lister) 2 Hitachi Sata Drives set up as striped New Power supply ( although it didn't have the 8 pin plug that the MB wanted) Playing Rainbow with everything on at 1024 and its 99% good enough. Might need to buy myself a 19" monitor with DVI, although it might mean I sleep in the garage for a week.
ChrisC Posted January 12, 2007 Posted January 12, 2007 Sounds like a nice setup, next upgrade to 2Gb memory and sli that 7950 you've got, and it'll run anything. Chris
ChrisH Posted January 12, 2007 Posted January 12, 2007 Might need to buy myself a 19" monitor with DVI, although it might mean I sleep in the garage for a week. sounds familiar .......
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now