Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

[Solved] Microsoft Exchange offline address book ERROR 0X8004010F


Recommended Posts

Posted

In outlook I have started to and a few staff have started recieve sync errors in the sync inbox saying:

 

12:45:56 Microsoft Exchange offline address book

12:45:56 0X8004010F

 

Can anyone help?

 

Cheers

Posted

Have a look through Troubleshooting error 0x8004010f when downloading the Offline Address Book, and check the links in the comments too.

 

Another good trick I learned a little while ago that may help is to right-click the Outlook icon in the system tray while holding down Ctrl, which reveals an extra diagnostic option called 'Test E-mail Autoconfiguration'. That threw up a problem which very quickly led to the root cause when I last saw this error.

  • Thanks 4
Posted
Have a look through Troubleshooting error 0x8004010f when downloading the Offline Address Book, and check the links in the comments too.

 

Another good trick I learned a little while ago that may help is to right-click the Outlook icon in the system tray while holding down Ctrl, which reveals an extra diagnostic option called 'Test E-mail Autoconfiguration'. That threw up a problem which very quickly led to the root cause when I last saw this error.

 

Does that still work for Office 2003?

  • Thanks 1
Posted

ev32:

 

can you tell us....

 

a) what version of Exchange you are using?

b) what version of Outlook? or is it multiple versions and are all versions having the same issue?

c) Have you altered anything in IIS on the Exchange CAS server? Or, as I found, have you rebooted that box recently?

 

I have to alter IIS each time I reboot the box in order to get OAB to work properly... spent ages going around the houses trying to look at different things and in the end, adjusting the permissions in the OAB folder (and replicated down) fixed it and been working great ever since..... until I reboot it again, I just have to replicate the perms down again.

 

Obviously, use extreme caution with that if it is public facing (ours isnt) as you dont want to expose anything to the public really.

 

Cheers

Nath

  • Thanks 1
Posted

a) Exchange 2003.

b) Outlook 2003 and all versions are having the same issue.

c) nothing has been change but exchange has been rebooted in the last week or so.

 

cheers i will have a look and check this out and let you know.

anymore solutions or suggestions welcome.

Posted

isn't the oab a local file? delete or move it and see if recreating it works. although that link implies the error is because the file is not present.

i had big problems once with address books not working properly and ended up just deleting the users local mail account from control panel and starting again.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
yeh iv just given this ago doesnt seem to be locally seems to be on the server side but im completely stumped on this.
  • 2 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...