ev32 Posted June 23, 2010 Posted June 23, 2010 In outlook I have started to and a few staff have started recieve sync errors in the sync inbox saying: 12:45:56 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 12:45:56 0X8004010F Can anyone help? Cheers
AngryTechnician Posted June 23, 2010 Posted June 23, 2010 Have a look through Troubleshooting error 0x8004010f when downloading the Offline Address Book, and check the links in the comments too. Another good trick I learned a little while ago that may help is to right-click the Outlook icon in the system tray while holding down Ctrl, which reveals an extra diagnostic option called 'Test E-mail Autoconfiguration'. That threw up a problem which very quickly led to the root cause when I last saw this error. 4
marc2510 Posted June 23, 2010 Posted June 23, 2010 Have a look through Troubleshooting error 0x8004010f when downloading the Offline Address Book, and check the links in the comments too. Another good trick I learned a little while ago that may help is to right-click the Outlook icon in the system tray while holding down Ctrl, which reveals an extra diagnostic option called 'Test E-mail Autoconfiguration'. That threw up a problem which very quickly led to the root cause when I last saw this error. Does that still work for Office 2003? 1
tarquel Posted June 23, 2010 Posted June 23, 2010 ev32: can you tell us.... a) what version of Exchange you are using? b) what version of Outlook? or is it multiple versions and are all versions having the same issue? c) Have you altered anything in IIS on the Exchange CAS server? Or, as I found, have you rebooted that box recently? I have to alter IIS each time I reboot the box in order to get OAB to work properly... spent ages going around the houses trying to look at different things and in the end, adjusting the permissions in the OAB folder (and replicated down) fixed it and been working great ever since..... until I reboot it again, I just have to replicate the perms down again. Obviously, use extreme caution with that if it is public facing (ours isnt) as you dont want to expose anything to the public really. Cheers Nath 1
ev32 Posted June 24, 2010 Author Posted June 24, 2010 a) Exchange 2003. b) Outlook 2003 and all versions are having the same issue. c) nothing has been change but exchange has been rebooted in the last week or so. cheers i will have a look and check this out and let you know. anymore solutions or suggestions welcome.
ev32 Posted June 29, 2010 Author Posted June 29, 2010 im still having no luck anymore suggestions? please
vikpaw Posted June 29, 2010 Posted June 29, 2010 isn't the oab a local file? delete or move it and see if recreating it works. although that link implies the error is because the file is not present. i had big problems once with address books not working properly and ended up just deleting the users local mail account from control panel and starting again. 1
ev32 Posted June 29, 2010 Author Posted June 29, 2010 yeh iv just given this ago doesnt seem to be locally seems to be on the server side but im completely stumped on this.
ev32 Posted July 5, 2010 Author Posted July 5, 2010 found the solution on: RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) 2
vikpaw Posted July 6, 2010 Posted July 6, 2010 Good job. I've added the error to the thread title and marked as solved for future reference.
ricky321 Posted November 24, 2012 Posted November 24, 2012 I have found some good tips here to fix this error: How to solve Exchange Error 0x8004010f
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now