Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Probably more applicable for those using it at home but here are the prices for the various Vista OEM skus

 

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic DVD OEM (32 or 64 bit) £55 + Vat

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium DVD OEM (32 or 64 bit) £69 + Vat

Microsoft Windows Vista Business DVD OEM (32 or 64 bit) £85 + Vat

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate DVD OEM(32 or 64 bit) £115 + Vat

 

I'm slightly disappointed that home basic didn't come in at a cheaper price point with home premium coming in at the xp home price point :( Although I'm glad to see Ultimate hasn't been too over priced :D

 

Discuss :!:

Posted
Actually, thats not so bad. I was expecting Ultimate Edition to be a lot more than that. It's more or less the same price as XP Pro was five years ago :)
Posted

I think I'm going to be getting a Vista ultimate late Xmas present for myself :)

 

I'm not sure if many people will really be bothered with non genuine copies especially if they go into reduced functionality mode every time ms figure out the various patches.

 

I'll let you know whats going on with office OEM editions as and when I find out what the hell is happening with those, at this moment in time it looks like all you will get with OEM office 2007 will be a product key. You will not be given any installation media only the actual OEM will have this for pre installation and ms want it on every Vista PC (will default to 60 day trial if no product key entered).

 

Now the $1 Billion question ? Vista x86 or x64 :wink: what will you be using personally?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...