Ambient Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 Hi all As above really. Does anyone know if there is a computer policy available in GP that can disable this button? I've done a bit of Google searching on it, and I can't find any answers. I want to stop our users using this button, because some of them put machines into standby...and it means I have to get out of my chair
webman Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 This any good? How to Remove Shutdown Button on Logon Screen | PCRemiX :: PC Tips, Tricks and Tweaks Refers to a local policy but I'm sure it will point you in the right direction.
Cmd.exe Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 How To Make the Shutdown Button Unavailable in the Logon Dialog Box in Windows 2000 should do it.
ICT_GUY Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 There is an active directory settings to disable the crtl alt del options.
MatthewL Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 Yes there is, I have just done it for a bunch of machines and placed a GPO filter by a few machines.
MatthewL Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 I have attached a screenshot of our policy I have just deployed to a few of our machines acting as mini servers on sites.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now