Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone know when the Home Use program will be making Office 2010 avalible?

 

We have deployed it to the testing users and are getting close to pushing it out fully and it would be good to allow the staff to use it at home also.

 

Secondary question for anyone who already uses the Home Use Rights SA benifit, it there any signup cost. We have a schools agreement but the last time I enabled a SA benifit they decided to charge me $80 for media (which there was no meantion of). Just want to check that this can be enabled without some horrendous bill apearing out of the blue 2 months later.

Posted

Thanks, I know that the teachers each have to pay $10 and get their own key and download - can get a dvd for $25 more - I was just concerned about any initial signup cost to activate the benifit itself on teh Schools agreement side.

 

The reason I am worried is from being billed for SA stuff without any form of warning in the past and want to make sure it does not happen again.

Posted

I got this in an email from Microsoft:

 

Dear Software Assurance Customer:

Starting in June 2010 the Home Use Program (HUP) benefit will begin upgrading the catalog of products from Microsoft Office 2007 to Microsoft Office 2010, allowing your employees to bring the latest version of Office home*

 

So.. wait a few weeks...

Once it drops the Office 2010 onto it, I'll start offering the Home use out to people, I don't see any point in allowing people to get 2007, when we don't use it in school. I only signed up, when I thought it might have 2010 on it.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
I've been offering it to staff, and they have been taking it, since last year at no cost to me just £10 to them :)
  • Thanks 1
Posted
Thanks, it looks like I will be implementing this at my schools when Office 2010 comes out as it does seem like a good solution.
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...