AceDaz Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 I am trying to setup a OKI 5650dn over the network on new Windows 7 PC with no success. I have previously setup a OKI B2400n on the same network with no problems. It is on a non DC small network (mainly security reasons) and after I have installed it (using various methods), I get a mixture of error messages....the most common one being "Unable to connect to shared printer port" or "Unable to connect to LPR Port". Has anyone else come accross this? I have tried allowing all to everyone in the security tab. When I install these printers on W-XP, I select "OKIData Network Printer" and this has always worked in the past. But with MS being good, I assume they removed the additional ports to ease the installation. Please help
TronXP Posted May 17, 2010 Posted May 17, 2010 Not that its much help but we have 5650's running on win 7, both 32 and 64 bit drivers. For one pc not on a domain, we just added a new tcpip port for it and its working fine.
AceDaz Posted May 17, 2010 Author Posted May 17, 2010 Thanks lol. It's frustrating. I have tried lots of things with the same "type" of error message. I will email OKI and see what they say. Thanks anyway lol
mac_shinobi Posted May 22, 2010 Posted May 22, 2010 On windows 7 if you go to control panel --> programs and features --> Turn windows features on or off --> print and document services --> Click on + symbol to expand this section --> Tick the tick boxes that state LPR and LPD --> Click on ok and wait a minute or two until this dialog vanishes. Now go back to devices and printers and re add either a standard tcp/ip port or an LPR port using the relevant IP address along with the print que name ( if using an LPR port ) 1
AceDaz Posted June 7, 2010 Author Posted June 7, 2010 Hi I tried that with still no luck. Anyone else got a idea?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now