Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

Sorry this could be a long one...

 

I have been asked by the network manager to install Moodle for the school as a Trainee Task. This is to be done on my current Windows XP Pro SP2 machine and should have the newest versions of the required software available.

 

So far i have installed Apache v2.2, PHP v5.2 and MySQL v5.0.27

 

When i go to install Moodle though i get the same error every time which is... or you can see the attacthment

 

PHP version

Pass

 

Session Auto Start

Pass

 

Magic Quotes Run Time

Pass

 

Insecure Handling of Globals

Pass

 

Safe Mode

Pass

 

File Uploads

Pass

 

GD version

Caution

The GD library should be present to process and create images

 

Memory Limit

Caution

The PHP memory limit is set quite low ... you may run into problems later.

 

Now i have changed all of the following in the php.ini file as of checking the installation manual found at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Install

 

the correct extension:- extension_dir = c:\php\ext

un-commented the GD extension :- extension = php_gd2.dll

and incresed the memory limit from 8mb to 16mb:- memory_limit = 16M

moodleinstallerror.jpg

Posted

Ok, I don't know then. I'm not familar with Apache/PHP on Win32. :(

 

In any case, those are not errors. They are simply warnings. You can carry on with the installation despite those issues.

Posted

I've always used EasyPHP for this on Windows (http://www.easyphp.org). It's easy to set up (one executable) and I've never had any issues. It doesn't come with the most recent versions of everything though.

 

Apache 1.3.33

PHP 4.3.10

MySQL 4.1.9

PHPMyAdmin 2.6.1

 

I guess you could get it working with those and upgrade components as required.

Posted

@ Mighty.Grey.Eagle

 

thanks alot for that but have already tried it and it runs fine...tis nice all together but my network manager (mr d) wants a full install with full versions of apache, php and mysql

 

@alan-d

 

thanks for the reminder been playing with it all day again and still can't get it working fully and now i've broke Mysql :Cry:

Posted
Surely this is cheating?

 

I'd demote him to tea making duties for the next 2 weeks.

 

:lol:.. Minion go get me tea/coffee :twisted:

Posted
Don't forget to document all your procedures and which files you edit etc :p

 

Bah!!! Spoilsport

 

I was going to tell him that when he'd told me he'd finished :twisted:

 

Surely this is cheating?

 

I'd demote him to tea making duties for the next 2 weeks.

 

To be fair I did say use whatever resources were available to carry out the task.

 

:lol:.. Minion go get me tea/coffee :twisted:

 

Make the most of it - I'm back on Monday - Is your task finished yet? :twisted:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...