_Bat_ Posted November 17, 2006 Posted November 17, 2006 Anyone know a free service that does this in the UK? Google earth looked promising, but when I enter the coordinates it gives me into my google maps API thingy, I end up in a location about 150 miles out. I don't know if I am doing something wrong (don't think I am), but this is my first time using google maps like this. I work for The Oval Primary School (postcode B33 8JG) and according to google earth my coordinates should be about 52.48 Lat & 1.79575 Long. :S
webman Posted November 17, 2006 Posted November 17, 2006 http://www.nearby.org.uk/coord.cgi?p=B33+8JG Scroll down the page for loads of information.
Netman Posted November 17, 2006 Posted November 17, 2006 http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?GridConvert?name=CV32%204AT&type=Postcode OS X 414046 OS Y 287000 Post Code B33 8JG Lat (WGS84) N52:28:51 ( 52.480746 ) Long (WGS84) W1:47:41 ( -1.794610 ) LR SP140870 mX -199775 mY 6853608 M Actual : FFFCF3A1_006893E8 Street : FFFCF4B4_0068937C Road : FFFD19D0_006885D0 Road64 : FFFD1200_00687E00 Road128: FFFE0C00_00678400
Geoff Posted November 17, 2006 Posted November 17, 2006 Yep, you need a GeoCoding service like that. Google Maps only understands latitude and longitute.
_Bat_ Posted November 17, 2006 Author Posted November 17, 2006 Cheers everyone... appears the coordinates were correct then. The problem appeared to be the cache in IE. Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now