elsiegee40 Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 The 'mobile' projector we have has decided to die on us. It's a Sony VPL-EX4. I'm looking for something suitable to replace it. It is used with a laptop on a trolley and a portable screen and typically is about 2 metres from the screen. Price is important, as is the longevity! Suppliers, my HT is inspecting another school and the Bursar is on a course, so I am geting prices in advance of their return on Thursday. I will have to wait my turn to see them about this, so please bare with me... I will get back to you, hopefully by Friday, but if things go badly it might be early next week. The projector has to be replaced, they just don't know it yet!
Haptic Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 The 'mobile' projector we have has decided to die on us. It's a Sony VPL-EX4. I'm looking for something suitable to replace it. It is used with a laptop on a trolley and a portable screen and typically is about 2 metres from the screen. Price is important, as is the longevity! Suppliers, my HT is inspecting another school and the Bursar is on a course, so I am geting prices in advance of their return on Thursday. I will have to wait my turn to see them about this, so please bare with me... I will get back to you, hopefully by Friday, but if things go badly it might be early next week. The projector has to be replaced, they just don't know it yet! will work on this for you straight away 1
jamesreedersmith Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 If you want longevirty might be worth considering one of the new casios (once stock comes in!!)
elsiegee40 Posted March 9, 2010 Author Posted March 9, 2010 If you want longevirty might be worth considering one of the new casios (once stock comes in!!) One word... cost! I cannot see me getting the budget for one, even with its long life
elsiegee40 Posted March 9, 2010 Author Posted March 9, 2010 I've taken said projector to bits (again) this morning and, of course, it's been sitting merrily working away on my desk for the last hour Not to be relied on though... Simon has sent a PM. Anyone else? 1
Hoz Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 I've taken said projector to bits (again) this morning and, of course, it's been sitting merrily working away on my desk for the last hour Not to be relied on though... Simon has sent a PM. Anyone else? Hi There, Pm being sent over Hoz 1
john Posted March 9, 2010 Posted March 9, 2010 If you want longevirty might be worth considering one of the new casios (once stock comes in!!) Don't be putting money on that yet mate I won my bet with a mate I said that stock of any kind (bar the Casio Demo units obv!) wouldn't be in before 1st April and won that, should have put a bigger one on him for end of April at this rate.... Don't know how much you were thinking of spending but for a portable unit I'd hope the Casio's new technology to be more robust than normal lamps so may well be a better investment.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now