Edu-IT Posted February 5, 2010 Posted February 5, 2010 We're having work carried out on our connection and therefore I need to queue emails for delivery at a later time when the connection is restored. What's the best way to achieve this?
OutToLunch Posted February 5, 2010 Posted February 5, 2010 If it's the same (or similar enough that you can find it) to 2003, in the Exchange System Manager, I'd go to Administrative Groups - First Administrative Group - Servers - YOURSERVER - Queues and click Disable Outbound Mail. This should hold it in the queue till you enable it again.
Edu-IT Posted February 5, 2010 Author Posted February 5, 2010 Probably being thick but I can't see where this option is in Exchange 2007.
pooley Posted February 6, 2010 Posted February 6, 2010 Could you not Stop the SMTP service? Then start it later when your connection is restored?
Edu-IT Posted February 10, 2010 Author Posted February 10, 2010 Could you not Stop the SMTP service? Then start it later when your connection is restored? I forgot about this. Perhaps! I can queue external emails at 'the perimeter' before they reach the Exchange box so it's only internal emails that's going to be the issue, on second thoughts.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now