speckytecky Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 Anyone got recommendations please for a wireless switch to add to a home broadband set up?
Batman Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 My router's a Netgear WGR 614. Bought it three years ago, it's been working great ever since... fairly cheap too. Occasionally wireless drops out and I have to power cycle but that only takes a minute to do and it's really not that often. I don't know anyone who doesn't have to do that from time to time. 1
Dos_Box Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 I do like Netgear kit in the home. I've been using the same WPN 824 for about 6 years now! 1
featured_spectre Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 I would recommend ruckus personally, but of you can't afford such a thig then netwar and zyxel is what I have recommended for collegues and it has gone well for them. 1
john Posted January 23, 2010 Posted January 23, 2010 Netgear stuff for the home is ace, and you will find Ruckus technology in certain Netgear Products 1
Haptic Posted January 23, 2010 Posted January 23, 2010 Take a look at the Draytek Range there great for security and addtional features but rich on cost, DrayTek Vigor - ADSL Routers Firewalls UTM VoIP and Networking Products 1
localzuk Posted January 23, 2010 Posted January 23, 2010 I've had nothing but bad experiences with Netgear home stuff - overheating seemed to plague it. I now use ZyXel and have nothing but praise for it. 1
m25man Posted January 23, 2010 Posted January 23, 2010 A vote for Draytek & Zyxel here too. I too had issues with domestic Netgear stuff overheating and locking up when I had it in an understairs cupboard. Switched to the Draytek Cable Router and Zyxel Dual Band Hybrid AP and the system rocks but at almost £400 for the setup not everyones cup of tea but hey it's Tax Deductable! 2
rush_tech Posted January 23, 2010 Posted January 23, 2010 (edited) I have a linksys running Tomato can't fault it never had any problems with it:) Edited January 23, 2010 by rush_tech 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now