westleya Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Got a primary who needs a bit of a re-vamp in the wireless camp... Can someone quote me for: 1 x Netgear WFS709TP Switch 15 x Netgear WAGL102 access points Cheers
Edu-IT Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Just out of interest, have you looked at Ruckus?
westleya Posted January 20, 2010 Author Posted January 20, 2010 Just out of interest, have you looked at Ruckus? I have, but we've got the Netgear solution at Cockermouth and I'd rather keep things as standard as poss across our feeder schools. Might be convinced by a REALLY keen price, though...
Dos_Box Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 I think Ruckus would proberbly be better. You would need fewer base units for a start and the ZoneDirector 1000 contoller is far cheaper than the Netgear!
Edu-IT Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 I have, but we've got the Netgear solution at Cockermouth and I'd rather keep things as standard as poss across our feeder schools. Might be convinced by a REALLY keen price, though... I'd get a few quotes from Net-Ctrl and CPLTD before you make you decision not to considor it. It's SO easy to manage.
nicholab Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Sorry I get fed up with standardizing it ok if it is good but a pain if you standardize on rubbish. Netgear only support 15 machines per AP.
westleya Posted January 20, 2010 Author Posted January 20, 2010 Sorry I get fed up with standardizing it ok if it is good but a pain if you standardize on rubbish. Netgear only support 15 machines per AP. Sorry if I offended, but it works well here and I don't need any more than 15 PC's per AP for a primary.
Edu-IT Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Sorry if I offended, but it works well here and I don't need any more than 15 PC's per AP for a primary. I agree with stick to what you know, what works etc for you and the school but Ruckus is a great piece of kit and I'm sure you could save compared to Netgear. What price do you have in mind or would you rather not say?
westleya Posted January 20, 2010 Author Posted January 20, 2010 I agree with stick to what you know, what works etc for you and the school but Ruckus is a great piece of kit and I'm sure you could save compared to Netgear. What price do you have in mind or would you rather not say? As I said, I'm open to a good price on Ruckus...
EduTech Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 As I said, I'm open to a good price on Ruckus... Contact Net-Ctrl then and ask discuss your requirments with them, they will be able to get you a quote and then you can go from there. Drop Aggy a PM - EduGeek.net Forums - View Profile: Aggy James. 2
Edu-IT Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 And also Simon at CPLTD who'll probably save you enough for a week away in Barbados in addition to your Ruckus. EduGeek.net Forums - View Profile: CPLTD 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now