Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

At long, long last today the site I have been working on went live:

 

Welcome to Wansdyke School

 

With huge thanks to the many EduGeekers who hand held and helped me to this moment to mention a few:

 

Sysman-Mk for providing the package and ongoing advice,

Steve Hill,

Little Miss,

Witch,

Fraggle Pete,

Techmonkey,

Jiser,

Robert Hackford,

Mike Glover,

Duke,

Dorset Yokel,

Ian Mullings

djgreek

and the many others in replies on Forum to what must have seemed like endless questions from me:)

 

Apologies if I have missed mentioning any of the vast team who so willingly pitch in to offer help and advice - it's been a long haul!!

Edited by speckytecky
  • Thanks 3
Posted (edited)
At long, long last today the site I have been working on went live:

 

Welcome to Wansdyke School

 

With huge thanks to the many EduGeekers who hand held and helped me to this moment to mention a few:

 

Sysman-Mk for providing the package and ongoing advice,

Steve Hill,

Little Miss,

Witch,

Fraggle Pete,

Techmonkey,

Jiser,

Robert Hackford,

Mike Glover,

Duke,

Dorset Yokel,

djgreek

and the many others in replies on Forum to what must have seemed like endless questions from me:)

 

Apologies if I have missed mentioning any of the vast team who so willingly pitch in to offer help and advice - it's been a long haul!!

 

 

Anytime Geoff, glad I have been some help. Glad SWGfL have moved it over for you. Hopefully you can get the other site sorted soon :)

 

Steve

Edited by Devontechie
Posted

;) Favicon and meta data need changing.

 

Favicon, create a 32 X 32 .jpg, go here, and then upload to the root of your site.

 

Meta Keywords and Description are found in global configuration.

  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Thanks Mossj,

 

Been and done the 2 things you listed. However, the Favicon icon doesn't come up. Being on a Plesk hosted South West Grid package I placed the saved icon in the httpdocs folder - which I understand is the root or have I got that wrong?

 

;) Favicon and meta data need changing.

 

Favicon, create a 32 X 32 .jpg, go here, and then upload to the root of your site.

 

Meta Keywords and Description are found in global configuration.

Posted (edited)
Thanks Mossj,

 

Been and done the 2 things you listed. However, the Favicon icon doesn't come up. Being on a Plesk hosted South West Grid package I placed the saved icon in the httpdocs folder - which I understand is the root or have I got that wrong?

 

Sorry place it here "/templates/axe_rescheek_green/favicon.ico"

 

Might take time to come up, be patient :) or try on a browser thats never visited your site.

Edited by mossj
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Also consider moving useful links off the frontpage.. too me a frontpage should be a page that makes clear the information available on the site, and when it was last updated.

 

As well as a few common links (Newsletters, termdates etc)

 

Also consider making a Termdates PDF, 1 sheet which lists all the important dates on, put that as a quicklink on the frontpage.

 

I made a very simple one at my previous school (here) and it has been downloaded 1369 times (we only have 1200 pupils). So it's clear the parents are printing it off and sticking it to their fridges.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...