Reaper Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 Evening all This morning I decided to update my Hyper-V R2 RC1 box to the RTM version. The installation wasn't a problem and all seemed fairly smooth until I reached the point of getting my iSCSI link back up and running (This is where I store all the VMs). Using iscsicpl I have discovered the SAN and successfully connected to it, however I do not have anything come up in the listened volumes/drives section of iscsicpl. I have tried the auto configure option a few times to no avail. We are running an HP MSA2312 SAN unit and I have checked the host setup on the web interface for the MSA and it tells me the HyperV box is discovered and mapped. Yet I still cannot bring up a SAN drive. List of actions taken: Checked for unmounted volumes, there are no unmounted volumes or drives etc Changed the name of the box and created a new Host in MSA Web Interface to make sure it wasn't that, no change. Rediscovered the SAN numerous times including persistent and quick connections, no change. After checking the event viewer on HyperV I found this entry Status 0x00001069 determining that device interface \\?\{8e7bd593-6e6c-4c52-86a6-77175494dd8e}#MsVhdHba#1&3030e83&0&01#{2accfe60-c130-11d2-b082-00a0c91efb8b} does not support iSCSI WMI interfaces. If this device is not an iSCSI HBA then this error can be ignored. With an Event Code of 108 I search the internet for information on this and found very little in general and none that was useful. Have I missed a step on the setup of the link? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reaper Posted December 21, 2009 Author Posted December 21, 2009 For some reason another attempt at disconnecting and reconnecting to the iSCSI fixed it...... Not amused!
steve Posted December 21, 2009 Posted December 21, 2009 Currently setting up our HP SAN for Hyper V. How have you configured your SAN? Do you have a volume for each VM or are they all on one in folders?
Reaper Posted December 22, 2009 Author Posted December 22, 2009 Currently I have volume for the Hyper-V parent machine on which all the VM's sit and I have assigned a volume to each VM from there as required. Something to note, I think it is entirely possible that disabling NetBIOS over TCPIP fixed my connection issue but I haven't been able to test that.
oxide54 Posted December 22, 2009 Posted December 22, 2009 afaik its better to put each vm on a seperate LUN for live migration / HA purposes .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now