torledo Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!! :(:( BBC - Teletext to close mid-December alright, calm down. It's only teletext.......anyone would have thought they were obsoleting your chequebook. Oh, hang on.....you've still got that one to look forward to haven't you ?
garethEds Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 (edited) Scariest thing I saw a few months back was some old boy telling the cashier the pin number for his card in a supermarket because he couldn't see the text on the screen as it was so small for him. I'll miss teletext from a nostalgia viewpoint - reminds me of the BBSs I used to frequent! Wow, not thought of BBS' in ages. I used to frequent the Arcade BBS from my Acorn 3010. Amazing stuff. Anyone remember these things from the Acorn scene? Illusions Disk Magazine (run by an old friend of mine Kaustav Battacharya) Doggysoft (www.doggysoft.co.uk) - a mate of mine coded Hacker and Desktop Hacker (Andrew Clover). Acorn User magazine - never used to be on the shelves. Had to order it... Risc User - private magazine (ooer) that had to be subscribed to. Ohh time for a nostalgic thread methinks. So have created a thread for that: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/46864-nostaligic-acorn-computers-thread.html GJE Edited December 16, 2009 by garethedmondson
tmcd35 Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 Wow, not thought of BBS' in ages. I used to frequent the Arcade BBS from my Acorn 3010. Amazing stuff. More nostalgia - Telnet BBS Guide - Quick Telnet BBS Listing
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now